    Will they keep up with the DiMage type? Or step up to DSLR's. I'm
    looking forward to a digital Maxxum 7. Is there one in the works?

    john

    york, Sep 26, 2003

  2. My personal feeling? Don't hold your breath. I got tired of waiting a
    YEAR ago and went with a D100. I've never looked back.

    I had to sell about 8 lenses, body, flash and various accessories. I
    should have gone with Nikon to start with all those years ago but oh well.

    Andrew McDonald, Sep 26, 2003

  3. york

    Doug Stanley Guest

    I just made the same move (went with a Canon D10). I now have 2 Maxxum
    bodies, a bunch of lenses, and a bunch of accessories that I will
    probably be selling. It was a hard decision. But after just a few days
    of using the D10 (and all that Canon glass I also bought), I find I am
    shooting much more. The quality has consistently been equal to, or
    better than, the best I was getting from Provia III scanned on a
    Diamage Scan Elite. Shooting with the D10, or I would expect with any
    of the digital true SLRs, feels just like using a film camera. The
    near instant feedback really frees you up to just try things.

    It was an expensive decision. I kept waiting and waiting for Minolta.
    If they come out with a digital SLR now, they have lost one more
    candidate client.

    Doug Stanley, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Yes! I love my D100 for this very reason. I shot 35mm SLR for over 25
    years. Digital was nice for the cost savings and instant feedback but I
    was not happy with the quality or the performance of the P&S "prosumer"
    cameras. I had been hanging on to my 35mm stuff for when I needed a
    camera that could perform. A week after I got my D100 I knew I no
    longer needed a real film camera.
    Same here.

    Andrew McDonald, Sep 27, 2003