    ALSO, I'm meeting him Monday or Tuesday, so if you can help me in a
    jiffy, I would greatly appreciate it! :)

    -Martin O'B

    Martin O'Brien, May 16, 2004

  2. Since it seems like such a great deal, I wanted to find out if there
    It's made by Minolta.

    Randall Ainsworth, May 16, 2004

  3. Martin O'Brien

    Clyde Guest

    None so far. Actually, none big or small for over a year. I just shot a
    wedding with mine yesterday (not the first). It and my HD5600 flash
    worked flawlessly as they alway have.

    OK, there are a few design issues that I would like fixed, but I work
    around them. In a very dark reception hall, it really has a hard time
    autofocusing on anything. White dresses work better, but not perfect. I
    doubt there are too many other digital cameras that get around this any
    better.

    It's also will miss a focus every now and then. I use the spot focus
    only and sometimes it just seems to miss. Oh well, I usually shoot 2 or
    3 of everything anyway so it's not much of a problem. Hey, I got spoiled
    by the Canon EOS 3 for years. (Yes, a Canon user for 28 years.)

    This camera has very noisy output at ISO 800. 400 isn't too good either.
    There is a tiny bit of noise at 100, but Noise Ninja pretty well takes
    care of it. I shoot mostly with flash and at 100 so that really isn't a
    problem either. The few 800 shots I take usually end up as B&W and look
    like 3200 film shots.

    I love the way it handles. Most settings are by quick dials and buttons;
    that's important in a fast wedding environment. The manual zoom is great
    and has stayed tight. The 28-200mm works great for people shooting. The
    big buffer means that I rarely miss a shot while it's processing; I
    shoot most of the wedding using RAW. I also like the small size.

    It works great for me in my digital wedding photo business. Well, at
    least that's what my customers think.

    Buy it. At $400 it's steal. If you won't, tell me where and I will.

    Clyde

    Clyde, May 16, 2004