    Then the blooming Hard Drive packed in.

    My question - how do I copy the backup files of my working set-up to a new
    installation of *@h ?

    The Cable Guy, May 20, 2005

  2. The Cable Guy

    Ian Guest

    In theory if *@H has the same file structure as normal * then all the conf
    files are in /etc/asterisk directory except the zaptel.conf which should be
    in /etc and if it uses the internal database then its
    /var/lib/asterisk/astdb and that can be copied as well. If its using mysql
    you will have to copy that as well , also it may be worth checking the
    cronjobs thats running as well. Should keep you busy for a coulple of hours
    tops

    God luck

    Ian

    Ian, May 21, 2005

  3. More than a couple of hours, I fear......

    The annoying thing is, in AMP, there is a "backup" facility. This, I ran
    before swapping drives.

    I fully expected to find a "restore from backup" facility. Alas, no.

    Thanks for your reply..

    The Cable Guy, May 21, 2005
  4. The Cable Guy

    Ian Guest

    What type of file did it create ? it may be that you need unpack it and it
    will put the files in the correct location. feel free to call sipgate
    (5808154) or email direct ian<AT>cyber-cottage<d0T>co<DoT>uk

    Ian

    Ian, May 21, 2005
  5. The Cable Guy

    Steve Guest

    If you saved the backup file to a second pc you should be ok. Reload
    asterisk, then from the second pc connect to your * and copy the
    asteriskathome_backup.tar.gz file back to /var/www/html/maint/backup
    overwriting the one already there. Then login as root and cd to that
    directory, then run restore-aah. This will restore your backup. You might
    have to set the IP address in your * first, as well as changing your root
    password and set the local time zone. It'll take all of 5 minutes once * is
    reloaded.

    regards,

    Steve

    Steve, May 21, 2005
  6. Hello & thanks for your reply.

    Yes the backup is saved to a second PC.......................how on earth do
    I copy it back to the *@h box?

    The Cable Guy, May 21, 2005
  7. Thank you Ian, I may just take you up on your offer.

    The Cable Guy, May 21, 2005
  8. The Cable Guy

    Ian Guest

    Hi. USB stick or ftp should be the best bet.
    does the machine its on have a ftp server? or does *@h install one ?
    or even burn it to cd and mount that on the other machine.

    Ian

    Ian, May 21, 2005
  9. The Cable Guy

    Steve Guest

    If the asterisk and your second pc are networked something like winSCP3
    would be easy, get hold of a copy and connect to your * box, it's a bit like
    windows explorer so you can copy the file from your pc in explorer, goto
    winSCP3 on your pc, connect to your * and paste the backup in the right
    folder, get a copy of putty too, with this you can run a terminal window to
    your * server on your second pc, use this to login as root, cd to the
    directory where the backup is and run restore-aah.

    regards,

    Steve

    Steve, May 21, 2005
  10. Thanks - I had tried that yesterday but had no idea where to put it.

    Your previous sorted it, so thanks for that.

    All back to normal now.

    Wish you lived next door!

    The Cable Guy, May 21, 2005
  11. An equally fine reply!