    such as this gem:
    that isn't even remotely close to what i suggested and i am not even
    sure how you came up with such rubbish.

    Guest, Jul 11, 2012

  2. I already have the photos. That isn't the issue. I'm trying to figure
    out how to combine some. Because they were all shot from a camera
    mounted on a tripod they overlap too much.

    Robert Peirce, Jul 11, 2012

  3. That sounds like a photoshop technique. I don't have it. I use mostly
    DxO Digital Optics Pro and LightZone along with a couple of specialized
    apps for specific things. None of them can do what I need to do and
    photoshop seems like overkill just for that.

    Robert Peirce, Jul 11, 2012
  4. As I said in a previous post I don't use photoshop and hate to have to
    buy it just to do this. I have a couple of small apps that just do one
    or two things. I am looking for something along those lines.

    Robert Peirce, Jul 11, 2012
  5. Robert Peirce

    Guest Guest

    photoshop elements is cheap, but you could use the trial version for
    free for up to 30 days.

    Guest, Jul 11, 2012
  6. I must be out of it because I don't have any of those! I had Graphic
    Converter years ago but let the license lapse at some point. I looked
    at gimp but found it terribly clumsy to use, at least when I looked at
    it.

    I came to digital from a darkroom background and I like that metaphor,
    so I started with LightZone. I'm sure under the hood it works pretty
    much the same way as Elements or a similar program. It just presents it
    to the user differently. Consequently, I went that way instead of the
    Elements way. I did try Elements years ago but didn't like the metaphor.

    I started using Digital Optics Pro years ago because it had better
    camera/lens/noise adjustments than anything else at the time and has
    become a very good editor except it doesn't do regions. Fortunately,
    LightZone does.

    I also have ImageFuser for combining images a la HDR and InPaint for
    cloning out large areas quickly, but they are more specialized and not
    in day-to-day use. However, I intended to use ImageFuser to combine the
    images if I could figure out how to move the pieces around. And, of
    course, I have VueScan for scanning either from a flatbed or a Nikon
    film scanner.

    The message right now seems to be I will need Elements to move things
    around on an image, but I hate to get it just for that.

    Robert Peirce, Jul 11, 2012
  7. Never heard of that one. According to the web site it will do what I
    want and only costs $14.99. Looks like a solution. Thanks.

    Robert Peirce, Jul 11, 2012
  8. I posted that in response to an earlier message. However, it looks like
    Pixelmator could solve my problem.

    Robert Peirce, Jul 11, 2012
  9. Robert Peirce

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 11, 2012
  10. I don't know what it does or doesn't have but I was able quickly to
    combine three images and to drag the objects about to get what I am
    after. Well, actually, I just did a quick-and-dirty test and it worked.

    The combined image would still need a lot of work, but it is a start.
    If this is all I ever use it for it is worth $14.99.

    Robert Peirce, Jul 11, 2012
  11. Robert Peirce

    Guest Guest

    I stand corrected.
    In that case it might just work.[/QUOTE]

    i don't know exactly how limited it is, but yes, it might just work.

    however, photoshop definitely will work and the trial is free.

    Guest, Jul 11, 2012
  12. Robert Peirce

    tony cooper Guest

    Bamboo Capture comes with Adobe Elements 8.0 bundled. The current
    Elements version is 10.0. Bamboo Create comes with Elements 9.0, but
    Create is more expensive than Capture.

    I have Elements 9.0, and it does have Layers, Layer Masking, and
    Blending Modes. I don't know what 8.0 offered.

    When I bought my Wacom tablet, it came bundled with some Nik program,
    but it was not the same as the full version if purchased from Nik.
    There were features not included with the bundled version.

    Best to check out what is really being offered if the bundled software
    is important in making the buying decision. However, the Wacom tablet
    by itself is invaluable to me.

    BTW, Elements 9.0 is available on eBay for as little as $40...full
    version. A little care should be used since it's a "call home"
    program that can only be installed on two machines. A new, sealed,
    disk should not present a problem.

    tony cooper, Jul 12, 2012
  13. Robert Peirce

    tony cooper Guest

    Adobe Elements 9.0 is available on eBay for as little as $40. It has
    the features you would need to do what you want. You might not want
    to spend $40 for one project, but Elements would be very useful in
    other projects.

    As has been pointed out, when you ask a question here it's best to
    provide all of the necessary information including what software you
    use. It stems the flow of less-than-useful replies.

    tony cooper, Jul 12, 2012
  14. Robert Peirce

    tony cooper Guest

    Yes, I saw that. It was just a suggestion for future photo sessions.

    It's assumed that this is not the last time you will using your
    camera.

    tony cooper, Jul 12, 2012
  15. Robert Peirce

    tony cooper Guest

    I have 9.0 because my daughter doesn't have Photoshop, I bought her
    9.0, and also installed it on my computer so I could provide screen
    shots to guide her learning.

    I don't use it other than for that. I could, but I'm so used to CS4
    that I don't bother. Really, it does about everything that I normally
    do in CS4. The drop-downs are a bit different, though, so I stick
    with what's instinctive now.

    It doesn't seem to have Channels, and I'm playing around with some
    tutorials on conversion to black and white using Channels.

    tony cooper, Jul 12, 2012