Anti-Spyware Rival Slams Microsoft's Windows Defender, Vista

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Jan 27, 2007.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Webroot says Windows Defender fails to block many of the security threats
    that are roaming around the Internet.

    By Gregg Keizer
    InformationWeek

    Jan 25, 2007 02:41 PM

    A Microsoft security rival on Thursday blasted the anti-spyware technology
    that the Redmond, Wash., developer will include with Windows Vista as
    "ineffective," "slow," and "weak."

    http://www.informationweek.com/show...4RSBKUQSNDLOSKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=197000593
    http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
    http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

    Au79, Jan 27, 2007

  2. Au79

    Leythos Guest

    In article <NTAuh.123302$>, says...
    > Webroot says Windows Defender fails to block many of the security threats
    > that are roaming around the Internet.

    The funny thing is that if MS made a anti-virus and anti-malware product
    that worked perfectly, they would be complaining that MS was screwing
    them.

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm
    All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

    Leythos, Jan 27, 2007

  3. Au79

    Ron Martell Guest

    Leythos <> wrote:

    >In article <NTAuh.123302$>, says...
    >> Webroot says Windows Defender fails to block many of the security threats
    >> that are roaming around the Internet.

    >The funny thing is that if MS made a anti-virus and anti-malware product
    >that worked perfectly, they would be complaining that MS was screwing
    >them.

    Actually Giant Antispyware, which is what Microsoft purchased and
    evolved into Windows Defender, was one of the better products at the
    time that Microsoft acquired it.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."

    Ron Martell, Jan 28, 2007
  4. Ron Martell wrote:
    > Leythos <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <NTAuh.123302$>, says...
    >>> Webroot says Windows Defender fails to block many of the security threats
    >>> that are roaming around the Internet.

    >>The funny thing is that if MS made a anti-virus and anti-malware product
    >>that worked perfectly, they would be complaining that MS was screwing
    >>them.

    > Actually Giant Antispyware, which is what Microsoft purchased and
    > evolved into Windows Defender, was one of the better products at the
    > time that Microsoft acquired it.

    MS has had plenty of time to screw it up. Yes, I note that you only
    claimed it was good *when they got it*; I'm just amplifying that
    qualification.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 28, 2007
  5. Au79

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Actually Giant Antispyware, which is what Microsoft purchased and
    > evolved into Windows Defender, was one of the better products at the
    > time that Microsoft acquired it.

    Actually, it doesn't make any difference as it's not close to what can
    be done properly with a firewall and most of the big 5 AV products.

    Leythos, Jan 28, 2007