    how they all faired.

    http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm

    mAineAc

    mAineAc, Nov 23, 2004

  2. mAineAc

    tcg Guest

    tcg, Nov 23, 2004

  3. mAineAc

    Buffalo Guest

    Thanks

    Buffalo, Nov 23, 2004
  4. mAineAc

    Star Guest

    Very interesting.
    Looks like Spybot S&D didn't fair very well at all

    Star, Nov 24, 2004
  5. mAineAc

    trout Guest

    You must bear in mind that the "immunization" factor of that, and
    other programs was not included in the testing. From the site:

    "Before testing, all "anti-malware" protections were disabled,
    including all resident "anti-malware" scanners, spyware "immunizations,"
    custom browser security settings, and other system configurations
    designed to block the installation or execution of "malware." The
    spyware and adware was then installed from the internet."

    Hopefully, this is not how the program should, or would be used. Of
    course, *any* program of this nature should be backed-up by
    complementary software, of which there is a wide range of effective
    freeware.

    trout, Nov 24, 2004
  6. mAineAc

    °Mike° Guest

    I agree with "trout" entirely. Also, remember that
    the author of those tests recommends SpyBot S&D
    under "excellent anti-spyware scanners".

    °Mike°, Nov 24, 2004
  7. mAineAc

    Star Guest

    I agree with your post.
    One program can never be all things and correct all problems that
    are out there now.
    Also this is one report and must be looked at as only one.
    I use SpyBot S&D and will continue to do so.
    As you said it is just one part and requires "complementary software".
    It is a real shame that in order to use the internet now one must spend
    more time updating and running malware software than actually using
    the resources avaliable on the internet.
    Someday (gets on knees, looks up and makes small prayer) there may be
    breakthroughs that corrects this problem but again we must live with
    today and work through it as best we can.

    Star, Nov 24, 2004
  8. mAineAc

    trout Guest

    [email protected]*.*.invalid wrote:

    [snip]
    All too true. But, like most things in life, the major hurdle is to
    train oneself in good habits. With a little application, these things
    become easier, automatic, and second nature. At least, less of a
    distraction from the things a person really wants to do.

    trout, Nov 25, 2004
  9. mAineAc

    Killinchy Guest

    thanks