Another zero-day threat hits Windows

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Au79

    joevan Guest

    joevan, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    I always pushing Linux. Because is better for people, I want friends to do
    computer without bugs. Bugs like viruses, trojans, spyware. Windows crashes
    or freezes or at first slow but then very slow. Linux is much better.

    Au79, Sep 30, 2006
  4. Au79

    Gubo Dangle Guest

    Au79 was thinking very hard :
    1% of users can't be wrong.

    Gubo Dangle, Sep 30, 2006
  5. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    And so it follows that 1% of users aren't.

    Au79, Sep 30, 2006
  6. Au79

    elaich Guest

    Vulnerable through Internet Explorer. Use Firefox and forget about it
    (though I know 85% of people are vulnerable.)

    elaich, Sep 30, 2006
  7. Gubo Dangle enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk-(ab)users with:
    In addition, pushing linux has a political dimension, and somehow help
    3rd-world countries to either become more independent from Microsoft or
    at least get good discounts for Windows, in the first place.
    Now consider the content industry has a huge lobby in Microsofts world
    as well, which means more and more DRM built in ... and at least since
    the latest Sony rootkit story, you know not everything will be
    visible - but may as well get legalized like Guantanamo now has been.

    Walter Mautner, Sep 30, 2006
  8. Au79

    Meat Plow Guest

    I like linux because you don't have to speak english to use it.

    Meat Plow, Sep 30, 2006
  9. And this 1% figure came from where, exactly?

    William Poaster, Sep 30, 2006
  10. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Most probably from Redmond.

    Au79, Sep 30, 2006
  11. Yes but most of Germany supported the Nazis during WWII...

    Jim Beam Me Up Scotty Tissues, Sep 30, 2006

  12. *Laff*

    I almost forgot to thank you.

    Thanks for the new sig, bitch.

    SierraTangoFoxtrotUniform, Sep 30, 2006
  13. Go stfu your self.... PLONK!

    Jerry McBride, Oct 1, 2006
  14. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Don't think I look like your mother. But your very welcome.

    Au79, Oct 1, 2006
  15. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    All software has bugs and there severity will vary. Regardless of the software you use it wil need to be
    patched to remain stable and secure. What's 'best' for you maybe totally useless to me and vice-versa. Only I
    can determine what 'best' meets my needs, not you. Why not simply accept that you are a linux zealot leave the
    rest of us alone.

    Fuzzy Logic, Oct 2, 2006
  16. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    True for some, absurdly too true for windos.
    Great come back, "... that heap of graphical dos trash is best for me..."
    never mind of the consequences.
    I know what I am, but what are you? And... you answered to someone else's
    question, for which you were not invited. You should leave the rest of us
    alone.

    Au79, Oct 3, 2006

  17. FROAD you lame twat. Go take an ESL class or something.

    SierraTangoFoxtrotUniform, Oct 3, 2006
  18. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Regardless of what software I use it's nieve and selfish to assume that what you use is somehow a better
    solution for me.
    I just find it very offensive that you continually come across as somehow better than most everyone else
    becuase you use linux and anyone that isn't using it is some kind of idiot. By all means push linux all you want
    but don't put down other peoples choices because they have likely made them for reasons quite different than
    why you chose linux. Simply put linux is not the solution for everyone.

    Fuzzy Logic, Oct 3, 2006
  19. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Well put. I will try to soften my stance; never intending to belittle
    other's choices. However, this gets easy when one gets labeled a "zealot",
    which of course does not make any sense whatsoever: technology is
    technology regardless how you access the harddrive.

    Au79, Oct 4, 2006
  20. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    FROAD you lame twat. I did take an ESL class.

    Au79, Oct 4, 2006