    Dan Guest

    Unfortunate though it may be, IE IS the standard.

    Dan

    Dan, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Ryan Coque

    NBS Guest

    Err... not quite a 'fact'. You may be partly right there but don't assume
    most Mac users have that attitude. You get people who are passionate about
    things in all areas of life, and some are zealous for no particular logical
    reason. From my experience most Mac users are not like that, they just
    choose to use a Mac because they find them easier to use, more reliable
    and/or more suitable for certain tasks (I'm not arguing these reasons are
    true or not, just relaying what the users find).

    On the subject of browsers you can easily argue that the reason many people
    are choosing to use Firefox is because they find it more convenient.
    Firefox's tabbed browsing is more than enough reason to make it your browser
    of choice. You can argue technical details until you're blue in the face but
    in the end people will use what works best for them.

    BTW, it's a Mac (short for Macintosh), not a MAC (acronym for Media Access
    Control), and yes I am a Mac user but only for a very small percentage of my
    total time on both Macs and PCs. I am also a Linux user.

    NBS, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Ryan Coque

    Clockmeister Guest

    Most popular, and broken as standard ;-)

    Clockmeister, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    No it's not. Just because it's the most popular, does not make it the
    standard. Standards exist for a reason.

    Brissie, Feb 14, 2005
  5. Ryan Coque

    Dan Guest

    IE is the defacto standard, whether we like it or not.
    Microsoft only plays by the rules when it suits them. If you design
    you web site so that it doesn't render well in IE, them it won't
    render well to 95% of the population. You can jump up and down and
    proclaim how unfair it is, but it won't change anything.

    Microsoft may not make the official rules, but it owns the ball. if
    you want to play with everyone else, you have to follow Microsoft's
    rules.

    Dan

    Dan, Feb 14, 2005
  6. Wrong.
    Give it another 12 months and see how "defacto" it is.
    If at all.
    Er, that is now less than 90% and decreasing...........
    The change is already happening.
    Crap.
    MS is a butterfingers :)

    Don't be totally retarded.
    70% of the internet runs on *nix not Micro$loppy.
    "InfectMeWithAVirus" only runs about 20% and that's by idiots.
    It's only 90% (if that) of *desktop* users that use Macro$haft and
    89.999999999999999999999999999999999% of those wouldn't have a clue anyway?

    Reality Strikes, Feb 14, 2005
  7. Ryan Coque

    Unknown Guest

    You dont get around much in computer circles, then. I even know a self made
    millionaire who is exactly like that, spent over $30,000 redoing his Mac
    work setup when he could have spent a shitload less for a whole lot more and
    as it is the damned thing doesnt work properly. They installed instant
    mirroring and it worked for a bit then doesnt any longer. The Mac server
    crashes more often than it should and no-one knows about it until they go to
    save and this in SPITE of Word being set to auto save every 10 minutes
    anyway. Cant tell you the amount of time his clerical staff have hit save
    after doing a lot of work to find that some 2 hours back, the server went
    down and didnt bother to tell anyone about it. No good if you have done 2
    hours work and havent saved either. The moment the server is reset, all the
    linked machines reboot so whatever way you do it, you lose it.
    They are neither easier to use nor more reliable. They USED to be both but
    that is in the 90s. THIS century they are not as reliable as today's XP
    running PXs nor are they easier to use.
    I think the holes announced in January are enough reason to stay with IE,
    the devil you know.
    You are wrong on both occasions. It's an acronym that stands for "My Arse
    Cramps" because Macs are so slow, unreliable and hard to use, people tend to
    pout on both ends!

    Unknown, Feb 14, 2005
  8. Ryan Coque

    NBS Guest

    If you read my post correctly you would see I have no intention of arguing
    for or against a particular brand or technology.

    You accused Mac users of being one-eyed because they 'love' their choice of
    computing platform, and then accuse users of any non-IE browser of the same.
    Then you spew out a rant about how bad Macs are based on what? Heresay? One
    person's experience of a dodgy network?.

    Seems to me that you are the one who is thinking irrationally because you
    'love' Microsoft products.

    As for me not knowing what I'm talking about, fortunately I have enough
    years in the business to not have to feel like I have to prove anything. So
    if it makes you happy - you're right, I'm wrong, yours is bigger than mine,
    you win. I'm sure your mum is proud of you.

    NBS, Feb 14, 2005
  9. Ryan Coque

    Rod Speed Guest

    Fools like you have been making spectacular fools
    of yourselves like that for over a decade now.
    They dont need to.
    Not possible for you, you're stuck with that.
    Niether do you.

    Rod Speed, Feb 14, 2005
  10. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    A decade ago IE wasn't even the most popular browser; Netscape was. IE
    didn't take over until around 1997 So how could we be saying IE won't
    be the 'defacto standard' for much longer for over a decade?

    Making stuff up again Rod?

    Yes it is a lie. IE now has less tha 85%

    Brissie, Feb 15, 2005
  11. Ryan Coque

    Dan Guest

    What are you, 15 years old? Don't you know how to have an adult
    conversation?

    Dan

    Dan, Feb 15, 2005
  12. Ryan Coque

    Rod Speed Guest

    Never said it was.
    I used the words LIKE THAT for a reason, gutless.
    Nope, never made a single one thanks gutless.
    LIe.

    Rod Speed, Feb 15, 2005
  13. Ryan Coque

    dvk Guest

    That post was a load of crap. Completely redundant and contradictory. As
    always.

    dvk, Feb 15, 2005