Another reason NOT to use Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ryan Coque, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. Ryan Coque

    Ryan Coque Guest

    Ryan Coque, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Ryan Coque

    Uncle Bully Guest

    Uncle Bully, Feb 12, 2005

  3. Ryan Coque

    W Guest

    W, Feb 12, 2005
  4. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    Hello Mr Microsoft employee

    Internet Explorer doesn't even comply with the standards.

    You can write a website exactly fitting the standards and it won't
    display correctly in IE. Had to laugh at Microsoft who created this
    example site which they said was 100% standard compliant and displayed
    correctly in IE, but not in Mozilla. Microsoft was half right, it was
    100% standard compliant, but Mozilla displayed it correctly, IE
    didn't.

    Brissie, Feb 12, 2005
  5. Ryan Coque

    DalienX Guest

    that story is a load of crap...

    quote "Now the program takes a minute to load because you've installed
    every "useful" application,"
    I have not installed any "usefull" applications and my ie runs just
    fine.
    Oh and btw, if you think your safe using mozilla and co, think again.

    DalienX, Feb 12, 2005
  6. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    You are using Mozilla, unless you're a moron.

    Brissie, Feb 12, 2005
  7. Ryan Coque

    DalienX Guest

    Brissie wrote:

    Internet explorer was made by professionals with a budget of millions

    mozilla was made by some 10 year old with no budget, the only reason
    mozilla is not already full of spyware is nobody has bothered to make
    any for it yet, but don't worry thats all changing. Mozillas popularity
    is such that very soon it will be so chock full of spyware i dowbt it
    will even start.

    DalienX, Feb 12, 2005
  8. Well der! You did read the sites tag line at the top of the page?

    "CANADA'S SOURCE FOR INTERNET HUMOUR, PARODY, AND SATIRE"

    Stephen Brooker, Feb 12, 2005
  9. Ryan Coque

    DalienX Guest

    hahah uh no, i didnt read that bit.... oops

    DalienX, Feb 12, 2005
  10. Ryan Coque

    ParaXerxes Guest

    Grow up! Money means absolutely nothing.

    ParaXerxes, Feb 12, 2005
  11. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    Do you have any idea how little Microsoft pays their programmers? Or
    the hours they are expected to work? You'll get more working in
    retail.
    Do you know anything?

    Spyware is installed via ActiveX. Mozilla doesn't support ActiveX or
    any similar technology. Reason? Because they're all unsecure and
    completely useles
    Impossible

    Brissie, Feb 12, 2005
  12. Ryan Coque

    Uncle Bully Guest

    I've never had a problem with IE

    What do I care?
    I've never had a problem with IE.

    Uncle Bully, Feb 13, 2005
  13. Ryan Coque

    Uncle Bully Guest

    And you were stupid enough to buy it.
    And you were stupid enough to buy it.

    I personally know a developer at MS in the UK who has a six figure salary. I
    guess Careers guy may not be such a good source of information.

    Uncle Bully, Feb 13, 2005
  14. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    Developers are not the same as progammers.

    The guy made the point that desginers get paid a fortune(same as the
    marketing team(, it's the programmers who get paid jack.

    Brissie, Feb 13, 2005
  15. Ryan Coque

    Brissie Guest

    Using average means nothing.

    If one person had $1,000,000,000 and 9 others had $10,000 then the
    average wealth of the 10 would be $100,001,000 per person. As you can
    plainly see since the average is more than 1000 times the wealth of
    90% of people, average does nothing in this retrospect.

    Brissie, Feb 13, 2005
  16. Ryan Coque

    Uncle Bully Guest

    income received. They all made a million dollars (at the time the article
    was printed).

    Uncle Bully, Feb 13, 2005
  17. Ryan Coque

    Rod Speed Guest

    Its still complete bullshit.

    Rod Speed, Feb 13, 2005
  18. Ryan Coque

    Rod Speed Guest

    Mindless stuff with the stat he was using.

    Rod Speed, Feb 13, 2005
  19. Ryan Coque

    Unknown Guest

    Fact is that only people who LOVE MACS use MACS and call PCs shit. Same as
    that, there are people who call IE shit because they love some other
    browser.

    Fact is that if you have even half a clue, you aren't vulnerable.

    Unknown, Feb 13, 2005
  20. Ryan Coque

    Greg R Guest

    Greg R, Feb 13, 2005