Another MCSD 70-310 Creating and Consuming .NET Remoting Objects Exam Question

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Greg, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Now here is another question...

    You are creating a .NET Remoting application. You use the following code to create and register an HttpServerChannel object to listen at port 8080.

    Dim channel as New HttpServerChannel(8080)

    ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(SrvrChannel)

    However, when you run the application, an exception is thrown. Which of the following reasons explains the exception? (Choose the one correct option.)

    A. No ports are available for registering a channel.

    B. Another channel with the same name exists in the application domain.

    C. You have another HttpServerChannel in the application domain.

    D. You have specified a valid name for the HttpServerChannel.

    It said that D was wrong, but I couldn't find any information in MSDN on what could be the correct answer.

    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

    Greg, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Greg

    Sam Santiago Guest

    I would say the answer is B. In the example given an HTTP channel is being created with no name specified, so the default name is "http". If another HTTP channel had been created first without specifying a name then you would already have a channel named "http" in the AppDomain.

    Check out this entry from the .NET 1.1 SDK documentation:

    ms-help://MS.NETFrameworkSDKv1.1/cpref/html/frlrfSystemRuntimeRemotingChannelsChannelServicesClassRegisterChannelTopic.htm

    "You cannot register two channels with the same name in an AppDomain. By default, the name of an HttpChannel is "http", and the name of a TcpChannel is "tcp". Therefore, if you want to register two channels of the same type, you must specify a different name for one of them through configuration properties."

    --
    _______________________________
    Sam Santiago

    Greg, Jul 19, 2004
  4. Greg

    UAError Guest

    Bad Gateway?

    You're preparing for the 70-310 and you can't even recognize
    a Microsoft Help URN?

    I'm surprised you even bother checking the MSDN ...

    Maybe somebody else smart enough to use google will benefit
    from this in the future.

    ..NET Framework Class Library
    ChannelServices.RegisterChannel Method
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...sChannelServicesClassRegisterChannelTopic.asp

    UAError, Jul 19, 2004
  5. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Thank you, slave.

    being created with no name specified, so the default name is "http". If
    another HTTP channel had been created first without specifying a name then
    you would already have a channel named "http" in the AppDomain.
    By default, the name of an HttpChannel is "http", and the name of a
    TcpChannel is "tcp". Therefore, if you want to register two channels of the
    same type, you must specify a different name for one of them through
    configuration properties."
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...elsChannelServicesClassRegisterChannelTopic.a
    sp

    Greg, Jul 19, 2004
  6. Greg

    Guest Guest

    This person is posting questions from the actual exam, no
    doubt obtained from some illegal brain dump site or as a
    result of failing the exam and taking note of some of the
    questions. In any case, please do not "feed" these types
    of people with any help, as you are inadvertently ruining
    the MCSD program for the rest of us.

    No doubt Microsoft will be monitoring this topic with
    interest.

    Thank you.

    Guest, Jul 19, 2004
  7. Greg

    Greg Guest

    This question is from the Self-Paced Training Kit practice exam that I got
    from the Microsoft Official Study Guide "Developing XML Web Services and
    Server Components with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C#
    ..NET".

    Many of of these questions are so poorly worded and/or ambigous.

    When I mail my questions to , I never get a reply. So I
    post my questions here as this is the only place I can get some kind of
    support that Microsoft Press won't provide.

    How else am I to get clarification on Microsoft Presss products?

    Greg, Jul 19, 2004
  8. Many of of these questions are so poorly worded and/or ambigous.

    As many people have said before....
    ms are more than likely too embarrassed about the [luck off] content
    they hacked together, hence why the y ignore you.
    THE BOOKS ARE SHIT, clear enough!!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 19, 2004
  9. No doubt Microsoft will be monitoring this topic with
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!

    Even if the question(s) were from dumps, can you really see ms taking
    an interest!!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 19, 2004
  10. Greg

    Guest Guest

    What does ROTFLMAO mean?

    Guest, Jul 21, 2004
  11. The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 21, 2004