    acceleration so I can do dvb-t on it in the imminent future.

    Any exist? Seems that only pci-e ones do it and I dont want to upgrade
    the whole media center just right now.

    Richard, Feb 2, 2008

  2. Richard

    Nighthawk Guest

    Nighthawk, Feb 2, 2008

  3. Richard

    Rob Simpson Guest

    Rob Simpson, Feb 2, 2008
  4. Richard

    Nighthawk Guest

    The PriceSpy link is for AGP cards!

    I read a comparison recently of the video playback performance of
    NVidia vs ATI Radeon. Under Vista they were about equal but they said
    under XP the NVidia post processing video enhancement filters didn't
    work.

    Nighthawk, Feb 3, 2008
  5. Richard

    noone Guest

    noone, Feb 3, 2008
  6. Richard

    noone Guest

    noone, Feb 3, 2008
  7. Richard

    Richard Guest

    So? If they work then leave it the hell alone is how I operate when it
    comes to drivers. All my problems with bluescreens have being video
    driver related (except for hardware problems)

    Richard, Feb 3, 2008
  8. Richard

    noone Guest

    You do not seem to have a clue, must of the updates are for Games and other compatible problems..

    Go Do some reading about Driver updates.

    Try here

    http://downloads.guru3d.com/

    noone, Feb 3, 2008
  9. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Oh I'm sorry, I have better things to do with my time then fixing PC
    problems so I can play games. The last driver upgrade I did made things
    go all seethru when I rotated things in solidworks and was a total bitch
    to undo.

    Richard, Feb 3, 2008
  10. Richard

    Nighthawk Guest

    How often do you think they should be updated? I have been using the
    same driver on my Radeon for a few years without problem.

    Nighthawk, Feb 3, 2008
  11. Richard

    Nighthawk Guest

    In what respect? What cards, compared to what? The new Radeon HD
    3870 is a very good card at its price and the HD 3870 X2 is currently
    the fastest card you can get. The HD 3850 mops the floor with the
    NVidia 8600 it competes against.

    If I were building a Home Theatre PC I would select the Sapphire HD
    3850 with heatpipe cooling. Radeons have long been leaders in video
    playback.

    Nighthawk, Feb 3, 2008
  12. Richard

    Nighthawk Guest

    Good advice is to leave the drivers alone if there is nothing wrong
    with them. Only update if there is a problem. 'If it ain't broke,
    don't fix it".

    Nighthawk, Feb 3, 2008
  13. Richard

    Nighthawk Guest

    Something similar here. I got a later driver, Omega tweaked drivers
    supposed to be better but video playback was a disaster. That taught
    me. Even after manually digging out every trace of the tweaked
    driver I couldn't get it to work properly with DVD playback,
    eventually resorting to restoring a partition backup.

    Nighthawk, Feb 3, 2008
  14. Richard

    Nighthawk Guest

    Interesting article here comparing ATI and NVidia video processing,
    under Vista though * : http://www.guru3d.com/article/article/443/
    ATI still have the edge, with their Unified Video Decoder.

    According to Sapphire, http://www.guru3d.com/article/article/443/ the
    HD 2600 is available in AGP.

    * I read somewhere the NVidia post processing video enhancement
    filters don't work under XP, just Vista.

    Nighthawk, Feb 3, 2008
  15. Richard

    noone Guest

    Then it seem you have very little computer Knowledge, there are lots of Tool to remove driver
    problems, and Update do fix problem but then again you would not know that..

    noone, Feb 3, 2008
  16. Richard

    noone Guest

    What a load of Bloody Crap, So you case will get very hot with those type of Cooling..

    So Please do some Reading ATI card are far to slow have lost the market and Nvidia leads them all,
    time me thinks you do need to do some reading and take those Blinkers off.

    noone, Feb 3, 2008
  17. Richard

    noone Guest

    More Crap advice, you are asking for problems..

    Plus new Drivers have New or better Features..

    noone, Feb 3, 2008
  18. Richard

    noone Guest

    You are Using illegal drivers, so you blame the Drivers, what a utter Dork you are..

    noone, Feb 3, 2008
  19. Richard

    noone Guest

    No Reference made about XP performance..

    AS I thought they used Very Old Nvidia drivers.

    Stacks of Nvidia cards have AGP but are not sold here at all.

    And what 2 year old driver are you referring to...?

    As I thought very Old driver NVIDIA ForceWare 158.45 we are now upto 171.16 Beta.

    noone, Feb 3, 2008
  20. Richard

    thingy Guest

    Depends on how old the MC is....from experience its little more to
    upgrade to PCI-e and get a video cards as the AGP ones are usually $100
    ish more than their pci-e brothers and you can flog the agp motherboard
    on trademe...

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Feb 3, 2008