    computers. Windows update worked fine immediately before applying this
    update. When I do a complete virus scan it comes up clean. CA confirms
    there is a False positive and they are working on it.

    sharonf, Feb 22, 2010

  2. sharonf

    Mike Easter Guest

    CA's AV wasn't considered sufficiently 'important' (or something) by AV
    Comparatives to perform comparison tests with the 16 AV agents they
    /did/ consider sufficiently important or of sufficient quality or
    reliability to be considered in the comparatives.

    If CA had been tested, you would be able to see how bad (or good) their
    problem is with false positives, which would be considered a very
    negative feature.

    Unfortunately, CA's name is so short and ambiguous (a major mistake IMO)
    that you can't do any kind of meaningful searches on it.

    http://www.av-comparatives.org/ In order to get included in our main
    tests, vendors must fulfill various conditions and minimum requirements.
    .... Qualified Candidates: At AV-Comparatives we limit the number of
    participants in our tests to about sixteen to twenty vendors and where
    possible we include only good and reliable products/vendors.

    avast! Free 5.0
    AVG Anti-Virus 9.0
    AVIRA AntiVir Premium 9
    BitDefender Antivirus 2010