    for the zone? when i configure scope options on dhcp, should i use both ip's
    of the DNS servers for primary and secondary servers or is only 1 fine since
    the client should be able to find the other domain controller?

    John Smith, Feb 22, 2006

  2. John Smith

    Neil Guest

    ya know, I kinda like John. I think it's teh way he spollls things...

    Neil, Feb 22, 2006

  3. John Smith

    Neil Guest

    when you create a user on one AD controller you don't have to force
    replication with the other for it to show up either. replication takes
    place in the background and it just happens automagically (the sweet
    mysteries of life, eh?) Timing is the thing.
    set up for both (in a real world enviornment) incase you ever want to
    take one of the DCs down.

    Neil, Feb 22, 2006
  4. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    lol, sorry :)

    John Smith, Feb 22, 2006
  5. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    heres one to make u a little more annoyed lol... if replication happens
    "automagically" then whats the point of sites and services?? :)

    John Smith, Feb 22, 2006
  6. John Smith

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of John Smith:
    *Chuckle* Don't apologize, he was serious!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Feb 22, 2006
  7. To control when it automagically happens. Delaying the result is just more
    exciting!

    Bill McPherson, Feb 22, 2006
  8. John Smith

    Briscobar Guest

    I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree here.

    Briscobar, Feb 22, 2006
  9. John Smith

    Frisbee® Guest

    NOT ME ITS WHAM BAM THANK YOU MAAM I GOT MINE NOW YOU GET YOURS!

    Frisbee®, Feb 22, 2006
  10. John Smith

    Briscobar Guest

    You don't like to enjoy things for a while? Why are you in such a rush?

    Briscobar, Feb 22, 2006
  11. John Smith

    Frisbee® Guest

    I AM FAST AND EFFICIENT NO WASTE NO MESS! HIGH RETURN ON INVESTMENT! LOW
    MAINTENANCE! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

    Frisbee®, Feb 22, 2006
  12. John Smith

    JaR Guest

    the plaintive wail of Frisbee®:
    $12,000,000,000(TWELVE MILLION US DOLLARS) For your kind ASSISTANCE in this
    MATTER!

    JaR, Feb 22, 2006
  13. John Smith

    Briscobar Guest

    Looks like you don't like to have fun, then.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    My psychiatrist recommends 10mg of Valium, a shot of Tequila, and
    twice-daily viewings of the b00bz0rs forum on www.mcngp.com

    Briscobar, Feb 22, 2006
  14. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    i'm having fun :)

    John Smith, Feb 22, 2006
  15. John Smith

    Frisbee® Guest

    Well then clean up that mess!

    Frisbee®, Feb 22, 2006
  16. John Smith

    Wayne Guest

    John, jump onto Microsoft's website and do some searches for Active
    Directory and Sites and Services, there are any number of whitepapers and
    excellent technical articles available.
    In a nutshell though, as Neil said, replication is automatic *within* a site
    (and unless you've created other than the Default_First_Site, your DC's are
    on the same subnet, therefore in the same site) every 15 seconds. To control
    replication, you create Sites, create Subnets and then allocate Subnets to
    Sites. Once this is done, you can then control when replication occurs; once
    every 15 minutes, every hour, every day, etc. Go forth and read, mate, then
    pop back with questions :)

    Wayne McGlinn
    MCNGP Silver
    MCP Windows NT 3.51 and Windows 95

    Wayne, Feb 22, 2006
  17. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    i get to caught up and get confused sometimes when i read those white
    papers. my method is to do it first, ask the experts here, then do some
    reading to finish it off.

    John Smith, Feb 22, 2006
  18. John Smith

    Neil Guest

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    *shakes head*

    sorry, that was just toooooo funny....experts...

    (seriously, dig out the details on inter-site vs intra-site as Wayne
    mentioned and pull out replmon to view a fiew things. read up on the
    replication protocols and as mentioned set up subnets and site in Sites
    and Services. You should setup actual subnets for this. If you don't have
    a router, you could multi-home a computer.)

    Neil, Feb 23, 2006
  19. John Smith

    Jtyc Guest

    you could multi-home a computer.)

    feh...

    How am I supposed to get my computer into more than one home at a time?

    You really need to think before you speak.

    Jtyc, Feb 23, 2006
  20. John Smith

    Frisbee® Guest

    Let's don't be silly.

    Obviously he means adding an additional "Home" key to your keyboard.

    Frisbee®, Feb 23, 2006