    its own profile)?

    I will keep looking and reading.

    Thanks

    Marli, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Marli

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Marli

    Marli Guest

    So if displaying on the web in ie should you use you monitor space ot sRGB

    Marli, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Marli

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Most web browsers don't use color management at all, unfortunately. You
    need to convert your pictures to sRGB and hope for the best, knowing that
    most people don't use calibrated monitors, and adjust their monitor controls
    rather at random, and thus may be seeing something a lot worse than what you'd
    like them to.
    You can use whatever you like as your working space profile in Photoshop.
    But if you save a jpeg for use on a website, you should convert the picture
    to sRGB first (unless that's what you're using). If you leave it in Adobe
    RGB, the pictures will not display properly in a browser.

    Are you sure your camera is using sRGB? Most cameras can reproduce a
    larger color space than sRGB.

    Your monitor and printer should be using their own, specific profiles.

    Jeremy Nixon, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Marli

    Marli Guest

    Yes the camera is sRGB (or as close as it gets). Minolta 7i

    Marli, Dec 27, 2003
  6. Marli

    Don Stauffer Guest

    HTML and browsers to view it have some weird ways of showing color.
    Making web pages that actually show color the way the creator wants it
    displayed is a real challenge. Go to some tutorial sites on web design
    and see if that helps.

    Don Stauffer, Dec 27, 2003
  7. Marli

    Flycaster Guest

    I believe that camera (as is the case with almost all of them) tags only the
    JPG's with sRGB, not the TIFF, and certainly not the RAW files. Most
    digital cameras have a much larger "native" color space than sRGB.

    If you really want to find out about color spaces and how color managment
    works (and just about anything else to do with Photoshop), do yourself a BIG
    favor and buy a copy of "Real World Photoshop" that matches the Photoshop
    version you have. If you're using an older version, you can find them cheap
    at Amazon.com or E-Bay.

    Flycaster, Dec 28, 2003
  8. Marli

    Marli Guest

    I might do a course, the local camera place does courses. I do have some
    Photoshop books but they are not really directed at photography, more
    design.

    Marli, Dec 28, 2003