    you point me to a place online that I can go to learn how to do this?

    Thanks,

    TrOll

    TrOll, Jan 23, 2004

  2. :Well, here I am agin. I've found out that I have to wipe out the
    :stuff that's on this router and start from scratch. What I need to do
    :is "NINDY" this router.

    Sorry, this isn't a newsgroup for Ascend equipment.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 23, 2004

  3. TrOll

    News Account Guest

    ASCEND was purchased by Lucent - at one time you could only get support from
    them if you registered a new product - I would start there if Lucent hasn't
    dumped them.

    Don Woodward

    News Account, Jan 23, 2004
  4. TrOll

    BLH Guest

    https://support.lucent.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/GUIDGX-{6949ce8f-d22f-11d2-a303-00c04f72f8ac}/Live/Product/pipe85/General/Technical_Notes/plte0012.html

    Is a document titled 'how to NINDY a pipeline 50/75/85'

    In case the link doesn't work it's on the Lucent site www.lucent.com
    under customer support, general access, Pipeline 85, technical notes.
    This should not require logon.

    BH

    BLH, Jan 23, 2004
  5. TrOll

    TrOll Guest

    Ascend/Lucent is used by most all ISPs in one form or another. I
    understand this is NOT a Lucent NG but did you ever do a search on
    USENET for pipeline, ascend or lucent? Nothing comes up! So, since
    most ISPs use some form of Lucent equipment, and a bunch of those guys
    hang out here, this is the only place I have to try to get help,
    unless you can point me to another group that will. Lucent wants me
    to buy a service contract just to get to talk to a Tech. Hell, they
    want a service contract just to be able to read a FAQ! What would you
    do? This is a private network in my home connected to ISDN, which is
    the only broadband I can get in this location.

    Thanks for your help.............Heh!

    TrOll

    TrOll, Jan 23, 2004
  6. TrOll

    TrOll Guest

    <snip>

    Don, I'm painfully aware that Ascend is Lucent now. Lucent will not
    talk to me without an annual service contract, which sux! Only reason
    I'm using the Pipeline 85s is because they run circles around the
    Cisco 804s that I have. Once I get this Pipeline configured to match
    the ohter one I have, the Ciscos will be sold on Ebay. The Pipeline
    routers are easier to configure than the Ciscos' are (once the config
    is loaded, which this one doesn't have, which is what I'm trying to
    do). Not to mention the speed difference. The Pipeline will actully
    ping better than the Cisco will too? Anywho, thanks for the attempt
    at helping. It was a noble effort and I appreciate it.

    TrOll

    TrOll, Jan 23, 2004
  7. TrOll

    Dave Keith Guest

    I have a few documents including NINDY information, email me if you want
    these docs (I emailed you directly a few days ago after your first inquiry
    but didn't hear back ...)

    Dave Keith, Jan 23, 2004
  8. |On 23 Jan 2004 02:16:25 GMT, -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter
    |Roberson) wrote:

    |>Sorry, this isn't a newsgroup for Ascend equipment.

    |Ascend/Lucent is used by most all ISPs in one form or another. I
    |understand this is NOT a Lucent NG but did you ever do a search on
    |USENET for pipeline, ascend or lucent? Nothing comes up! So, since
    |most ISPs use some form of Lucent equipment, and a bunch of those guys
    |hang out here, this is the only place I have to try to get help,
    |unless you can point me to another group that will.

    comp.dcom.lans.ethernet
    comp.dcom.lans.misc
    comp.dcom.wan

    and you could check to see whether the
    mailing list is still active.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 23, 2004
  9. TrOll

    TrOll Guest

    Well, I may be doing something wrong here cuz every time I go in and
    fill out their registraton stuff I get a prompt that tells me to call
    tech support, which is when I get hit with the service contract crap.
    I haven't been able to access any info at all from the Lucent site,
    nadda, zip..............

    Thanks,

    TrOll

    TrOll, Jan 24, 2004
  10. TrOll

    TrOll Guest

    Lans.misc isn't on easynews. The other two had one (1) post
    concerning a Lucent product, which wasn't what I have

    Thanks anyway,

    TrOll

    TrOll, Jan 24, 2004
  11. TrOll

    TrOll Guest

    GOT IT!!!!!

    I finally found a web site with instructions for this that I could
    understand. That, along with the fact that Solarwinds TFTP server
    wouldn't connect to this router at all? I used HyperTermninal that
    comes with WinXP set to Xmodem and it worked fine. In fact, I've
    NINDYed that thing about 4 times in the last 2 days.

    Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. This is what News
    Groups are all about!

    TrOll

    TrOll, Jan 24, 2004