    different add ons, the Q was a trecky kind of thing that came up, then
    route 66, and so on, I think I'll stick with what's there now. This is all
    in fun for us here, no other intention meant.

    traveler 66, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Icono

    Notan Guest

    Ever considered trimming your posts?

    Just a thought. <g>

    Notan

    Notan, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Icono

    traveler 66 Guest

    You know I've never said that ^ I have said that there is no ID info
    on a subscriber on the servers, it's what is represented by a couple of
    these services, acyually three, the other uses embeded technology, not
    I.P., to get users pages, no I.P.
    To do with subscribers I'd say, I'm sure he must have a security set up to
    protect his site and his servers, of interest to subscribers would be if he
    logs anything about them, don't ya think?
    So let's talk about the black box and gag orders hmmm.....
    Google it yourself, I think you may have been the person that actually got
    the original answer?
    Somehow I don't think so, I think you are an owner of one, and a spreader
    of FUD's and trolls for two!
    I don't own any one of them, you haven't proven anything, as someone who's
    watched your posts very carefully, out of boredom more than anything else,
    I can say for a certainty that you do LIE, spread FUD, re-write posts, take
    things out of context, and troll. I can only wonder what's in it for you?

    You don't just do it to one either, 2-3 trolls seem to jump on anyone that
    isn't Gielda from cotse, I think that says allot about you and him.

    traveler 66, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Well DUH! That's why you've moved your spamming operation here. You got so
    severely spanked there nobody will listen to your horse shit any more.

    And you probably ARE desperate for customers. Having all them servers up
    just so you can pretend to be a bunch of different people must be an
    expensive hobby.
    Yeah, that was a real bonehead post. You should think about what you're
    saying once in a while. If you don't know the answer, keep your mouth shut.

    But no, you ASSumed that because a BIOS password might be encrypted it
    would be hard to crack and might cost a bunch of money. Then you actually
    tried to defend that post later by blubbering something about you actually
    having some first hand knowledge that it costs $300 to have a guy move a
    jumper.

    ROTFLMAO!

    And by the way, that's wasn't me who busted you on your asininity, I was
    just one of the people who were falling off their chairs laughing at you.
    Trying to weasel dance around answering posts to your other sock puppets
    are we? What a pathetic little tard you are.
    Get bent. You're nothing but a group football. Stay around as long as you
    like, the rest of us need the exercise kicking your ass from one end of
    Usenet to the other. We love rejects like you. Super easy targets, and
    it's funnier than shit watching you flailing your little arms around
    trying to convince the people who are kicking you that they're not. That
    it's really just "2 or 3 people" who think you're a foul mouthed,
    incompetent, nym hopping, shillpuppeting, MORON.

    Thrasher Remailer, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Icono

    traveler 66 Guest

    troll/flush/idiot

    traveler 66, Dec 8, 2005
  6. Icono

    thunderbird Guest

    We feel the same way about you LIAR, that's why YOU ran out of
    alt.privacy, by the way look at the top of the post LIAR, you started
    trolling him TROLL. Don't you think people can see that your posting
    FUD and twisting around what others say? It's easy to see your a TROLL
    and a LIAR, jerk.

    thunderbird, Dec 8, 2005
  7. Icono

    icono Guest

    You were replying to whom?????

    icono, Dec 8, 2005
  8. Icono

    Guest Guest

    I thought Ghostsurf maintained 2 sets of worldwide load-balanced proxies:
    one just to provide redundant routes to make sure you can get to a site, and
    another set which were anonymizing proxies. The default was to use the
    non-anonymizing proxies. You had to actually specify the anonymizing
    proxies to use those. My recollection was that when Ghostsurf first
    appeared, it was using the public anonymizing proxies but they were
    obviously highly reliable and often overloaded or slow (just some joker
    running a Unix server in their basement), but then they eventually setup
    server farms in data centers all over.

    It's been about a year since I last glanced at Ghostsurf, and probably about
    4 or 5 years before that (which too amatuerish at that time, and I trialed
    it to find connectivity to be unreliable, even when not using the
    anonymizing servers).

    Guest, Dec 9, 2005
  9. Icono

    thunderbird Guest

    Thrasher, post before last, it shows it on a google tree.

    thunderbird, Dec 9, 2005
  10. Icono

    TwistyCreek Guest

    Who are you talking to?

    TwistyCreek, Dec 9, 2005
  11. Icono

    Winged Guest

    I am aware getting records in some countries is very easy, I am also
    aware in other countries it is very difficult. The key is to cascade
    through countries that will make it difficult to be followed.

    In reality it makes no difference if you are under suspicion say of
    terrorist activity, child porn or other activities if they suspect your
    point of origin, you have issues.

    SATCOM links are difficult to track to a specific location. This
    requires identifying legitimate mac addresses in use with the provider
    (not especially difficult and be capable of spoofing the specific mac
    addy while the other mac host is inactive (obviously your SATCOM mac
    link is traceable to your account).

    Using random open wireless APs with a mac modifiable wireless adapter is
    a reasonably anonymous method of access.

    While you are correct that many countries have the capability of
    tracking, many countries do not cooperate well with other countries law
    enforcement agency requests. For example AR would probably not
    cooperate well with US requests nor would Cuba etc. Cascades are funny
    things as you may have one IP entering a router and quite another on
    exit. Very few routers are logged... Depends where you can manage
    changing buses.

    There are several ways to be very difficult to track. In spite of your
    unified world paranoia, in fact numerous countries do not cooperate well
    with others. It takes time getting through the red tape and again when
    a cascade is properly done, determining the backtrack of the force route
    which no longer exists, especially across multiple cascades is difficult
    if not impossible. This is even more true when crossing borders. It is
    quite possible of routing through the EU and never be logged.

    Another simple way to obscure your tracks is with IRC zombies.

    Freenet type communications add a totally different levels of complexity
    to the equation.

    There are many ways to obscure communications though very few are legal
    in most jurisdictions. There are few legitimate reasons (none I can
    think of) where a cascade is used for a legitimate purpose. Unless you
    own the route point you have broken a law in most countries I am aware of.

    There are not many legitimate reasons to own NIC cards where the MAC
    address can be modified, though I am not aware of any laws preventing
    this mod in US. I know in the US modifying your SATCOM system has legal
    ramifications if detected.

    There is one other way to be computer anonymous...Don't get on the net.

    I do agree that most anonymizing services would not be adequate to be
    immune to tracking by law enforcement agencies however it can be
    adequate to prevent many netizens backtracking communications. But
    understand that these services are not the only way to be reasonably
    anonymous.

    Winged

    Winged, Dec 9, 2005
  12. <snip irrelevant BS>

    What exactly does any of your long winded spew have to do with single
    services, or using single servers in specific countries?

    Absolutely nothing, that's what.

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Dec 9, 2005
  13. Icono

    Useless Guest

    ^^ Lost me dude .... it's pretty much pointless paying for one proxy.
    I just don't see the point as local security measures can be easily
    accomplished why the need for a single commercial proxy?

    Useless, Dec 9, 2005
  14. Icono

    Useless Guest

    Ihope to fcuk you're just a troll or maybe your post just confused me a
    litttle ;)

    Useless, Dec 9, 2005
  15. Icono

    icono Guest

    The point is that it is a deterrent.

    At the front door one can have.
    1. a handle
    2. A lock
    3. A security lock
    4. A security storm / screen door
    5. A motion sensor
    6. a motion light.

    Or one can just leave the door wide open.

    I leave my garage door open quite often.
    A neighbor did so "once" and had a huge tool chest stolen.
    My door was open and I have a larger set of tools.
    The difference (maybe). When someone enters my garage a light flashes.

    A deterrent is simply that. It doesn't prevent.

    One can have their computer completely disconnected from the net and powered
    down and someone can physically steal the computer.

    icono, Dec 9, 2005
  16. Icono

    icono Guest

    Have you ever used FireFox?
    If you had, you would know what I mean. If you haven't, macht nichts.

    icono, Dec 9, 2005
  17. Icono

    icono Guest

    AND???
    What's wrong with at least including the header as above.

    Netiquette.

    icono, Dec 9, 2005