anonymous surfing

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Icono, Dec 6, 2005.

  1. Icono

    Winged Guest

    The concept of "off shore" is a total sham. Treaties and agreements
    between countries can make obtaining evidence from another jurisdiction
    easier than obtaining that same information locally.

    My exp has found traveling across various jurisdictions "can" be very
    problematic. Especially for countries in br, ph, ru and ch. While I
    can not argue in general, the statement is true, there are a number of
    jurisdictional boundaries that make tracking very difficult. If one were
    striving for anonymity one would not use the same cascade in the same
    order twice which further adds complexity.

    Additionally when one does a cascade over multiple routers across
    multiple boundaries, it does make the anonymous issue more complex.

    Might want to be careful about cascading through Saudi Arabia, they
    might be allowed to extradite you and penalty is death by
    beheading...strange for a country with no copyright restrictions.

    Winged

    Winged, Dec 8, 2005

  2. If your definition of value includes being lied to, promised things that
    can't be delivered, sold to the highest bidder, monitored, tracked down,
    censored, and having your privacy and security handed over to third
    parties in places where it's not even necessary to file any paperwork to
    compromise them, by someone too ashamed of themselves to show their face
    in public, then you have a point.

    Wait, let me check something.

    Nope! None of that stuff appears under "value" in my copy of Webster's.
    Exactly what someone who feels like they've been beaten up would say.
    Only one little problem with your childish accusations. Nobody recommended
    or endorsed anyone. Nobody but you that is. Everything said here applies
    evenly to ALL privacy and anonymity services. Readers are left to decide
    who is lying and who isn't, armed with facts and common sense.

    But thank you for doing exactly what I said you'd do, immediately
    resorting to accusations rather than addressing any real issues, and
    giving this anonymous poster that much more credibility. All kidding
    aside, I really appreciate it. :)
    They're not?

    LOL!

    Not only are they subject to it, it's EASIER. Anyone can look up laws in
    various jurisdictions and see for themselves. They've been posted in
    AP/APAS too. But here you are, telling a lie about something no matter how
    stupid it makes you look, when the truth sounds better, and tossing
    out even more baseless accusations.

    Thanks for giving me even MORE credibility. :)
    Is that right? So then you should have no trouble at all providing a link
    or a cite. Just one would do. But for some strange reason all you've been
    able to do since you suggested that these cites exist, and the laws of
    physics cease to exist when you alone rent some drive space, is keep
    claiming it. You've provided absolutely nothing of substance. Ever.

    Now who should we believe? A nymhopping shill/troll, or people like Chaum
    and Schneier?

    Tough call. NOT!

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Your "experience" sucks. Look the subject of MLATS up in recent AP/APAS
    debates to find links and cites from the legislations that make gathering
    evidence across borders a matter of an attorney filing the right form. And
    a link TO that form. And cites showing how they must comply if possible.
    And cites showing that it's FAR more possible in many jurisdictions than
    it is in the US.

    The US is actually one of the most protective countries when it comes to
    your privacy. Some places are absolutely horrible, and SOME places make
    logging your activity MANDATORY. But bashing the US is a popular thing
    these days, so the snake oil peddlers jump all over it.
    That might be true, but then these scam artists are claiming that if you
    use their SAME servers over and over they're "completely anonymous"
    because the server is in Hong Kong and you're not. Neither are they, by
    the way. Which is good for them but REAL bad for you.
    You might wan to be careful about cascading through Hong Kong, where any
    official can confiscate or monitor your communications on a whim, with no
    warrant at all. And were most activity is logged because it HAS to be.

    You might want to be careful about cascading through any EU member nation,
    where some activity MUST be logged by law. Where it's getting even worse
    almost every day.

    You MIGHT want to be careful about choosing any country to trust your
    anonymity and privacy to before you have a single CLUE exactly what the
    laws are in that country.

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Icono

    Useless Guest

    That is correct but that does not make you anonymous.

    Depends on your definition of anonymous I guess but one commercial proxy is
    far from anonymous IMO.

    Useless, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Icono

    Todd H. Guest

    Tor/privoxy under windows slows things enough to really provide
    disincentive to using it. More onion routers are needed out there.

    Todd H., Dec 8, 2005
  6. Icono

    Notan Guest

    Protective?

    Oh, you must be referring to all of the companies that currently outsource,
    overseas. Be confident that all you personal data is protected, huh?

    Notan

    Notan, Dec 8, 2005
  7. No, I was referring to the law and the relative difficulty of getting
    warrants in the US, as opposed to some appointed bureaucrat thinking it
    might be a good idea to just walk in and install black boxes, logging, or
    confiscate equipment all together. Or even places where it's illegal NOT
    to keep logs and records. There's numerous examples of both, and some of
    these so called "anonymity" services maintain servers in these
    jurisdictions. Servers not under their control by the way, which means
    there's every chance they wouldn't even KNOW if they were being monitored,
    logged, or even if their data was being copied in total.

    What private companies do with your data is another matter all together,
    and unrelated to the topic at hand. But thanks for your input anyway.

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Dec 8, 2005
  8. Icono

    icono Guest

    It isn't perfect, but it makes easy access to you, a purposeful endeavor,
    which is then lights out.

    icono, Dec 8, 2005
  9. Icono

    icono Guest

    Thanks, will look at them. Sounds interesting.

    icono, Dec 8, 2005
  10. Icono

    icono Guest

    I've used them on and off.
    Great package.
    On a couple sites that are not snoopers, I had trouble getting into the
    second level.
    It is definitely safer than IE.

    icono, Dec 8, 2005
  11. Icono

    shplink Guest

    Todd and claudel, thanks for the feedback. Glad to know it's not a
    "shplink-specific" issue.
    ;-)

    shplink, Dec 8, 2005
  12. Icono

    thunderbird Guest

    traveler/thunderturd wrote:

    Didn't someone tell you to get back on the meds and stop trolling a
    while ago?
    All the issues brought up by some trolls were addressed at least 3
    times, the result were lies on the part of the trolls that had asked,
    certain re-writing of posts, and re-posting re-writes by trolls (using
    re-mailers), and comments to the effect of were going to flame you
    more.
    Someone made a silly comment and suggested that offshore is where your
    not, it can be an advantage to privacy, especially if there is no
    identifying info on subscribers on the server.

    The only one telling a lie is you, this question of yours has been
    answered repeatedly, all sign ons are made through the privacy
    provider, as one of them says, there is no information on the servers
    that could jeopardize a clients privacy, no matter where they may be
    located, but you pretend this was never mentioned, and actually follow
    a usenet poster around trolling. I just found out about this layest
    troll/fud of yours an hour ago. What a Luzer.

    Your a Luzer with nothing better to do than harrass anyone who posts a
    different opinion
    than yours.
    That's not true, find it yourself, some have the information on a page
    on thier site, others cover it in thier forums:

    www.findnot.com www.privacy.li www.ipeliminator.com www.metropipe.net
    www.trilightzone.org

    Take your pick...

    Believe whom you like.

    It depends on what your looking for, and who's providing it.
    Going to someone like cotse who has trolls flameing anyone that dosen't
    overflow with cotse on thier tongue is a joke, they even flamed some
    poor guy who wrote 2 sentences about starting a privacy service. Just
    over a month ago some other guy from New Zealand who had started a
    privacy outfit posted once and was beset upon, he left with the comment
    that the newsgroup wasn't suited for him or his clients. The only one
    who get's civil treatment is Gielda from cotse.

    No surprise, all his trolls, 2-3 of them live in alt.privacy 24hrs a
    day. I wonder what he pays?
    He should worry more about a black box as far as I'm concerned.

    I'm tired of replying to a flake so, whatever you say is right.

    thunderbird, Dec 8, 2005
  14. Icono

    thunderbird Guest

    Posted by a lawyer such as yourself I asume. Any treaty has a process
    that can take some time unless your a serious concern.

    Some privacy outfits simply don't log and shut down a server if thier
    forced to, they have enough of them, besides no personally identifying
    info on the server remember.
    It's kinda funny, but one of them just explained not to long ago how
    the server is secured,
    aside from not having any of your info on it. Look through alt.privacy
    or google it, or just come back and troll, it's what you do best!

    Lol, no I know has a server there, lol

    Not all do it, they will move the server, no info on it about you
    anyway, remember?

    No privacy service has had a problem there yet where thier customers
    are concerned.

    How does it go, dito

    No more for me thanks, I don't get a thrill out of replying to nym
    hopping trolls,
    you should worry more about black boxes pal.

    thunderbird, Dec 8, 2005
  15. Icono

    traveler 66 Guest

    That's not true, and the mechanism has been covered on alt.privacy
    repeatedly, so has this topic, you keep posting your FUD as if you had been
    given no answers at all, that makes you a TROLL, and not a very good one at
    that.

    You posted that I had said something about $300 and a password by-pass? I
    answered to you just to see if you would pick it up, you accused me and
    others of saying everything else that I hadn't, you should have noticed
    that I replyed to you about a matter that someone else posted, then you
    would have had something to say about something that was true, but you were
    so busy with your FUD, you wouldn't recognize a fact if it jumped up in
    your face!

    Get Lost,

    traveler 66, Dec 8, 2005
  16. Yeah. the exact same nym hopping fuktard told the people who outed him on
    Bruce Schneier's Dog House blog to do the exact same thing.

    "GET REAL LIFES!!! Or continue your medications...."

    That was your "gbushnic" sock speaking. Sort of a common theme amongst
    your various incarnations when they're being spanked. Pull out a different
    moniker, but say the exact same things over and over. Don't even bother
    correcting spelling errors or anything, and hell..... answer posts to one
    as the other just to make yourself look like a TOTAL village idiot.

    You're not smart, clever, or even that amusing. You're just a pathetic
    subscrotal net-fungus trying in desperation to salvage what's left of a
    failing business. A business that failed before because of your
    unsurpassed stupidity. A business you thought you could salvage by
    pretending to have handed it over to "a former employee" who's too
    chickenshit to stand out in the open. A business that now has people
    leaving by the droves because EVERYONE can see just what a lowlife you are
    thanks to the many who have taken the time the research, debunk, and
    discredit you.

    And yes, I'm ANOTHER one of those former clients who didn't realize what
    scum I was dealing with until I started reading about your nonsense in
    alt.privacy about a year ago.
    Keep clicking those ruby slippers together and chanting little one. Some
    day it may come true.

    In the mean time don't bother posting any links or anything that might
    actually PROVE anything you're saying. Nooooooooooo........

    LOL!!
    One link. Just ONE.

    Can't do it, it's not there. I've looked at all of them from top to
    bottom, and not one of them has anything at all like you're claiming.
    Nothing! Not in their forums, not on their sites. NOWHERE!
    Pick your nose...
    I will. So will a lot of other people, and unfortunately for scam artists
    like you most people will believe reputable sources and things that sound
    credible over insignificant little fartstains like you who do nothing but
    keep repeating the same idiocy over and over without a single shred of
    anything to back it up.
    Blah blah blah....... accusations and empty bullshit.

    Answer the questions, sock, or provide even a SINGLE link.

    Ain't never gonna happen, now is it?
    We've already seen exactly who is on all day, and which sock puppets post
    at the exact same times. Yet another little privacy.lie sockpuppet lie
    that blew up in your face, isn't it?

    ROTFL!

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Dec 8, 2005
  17. Icono

    traveler 66 Guest

    I've never said that on the blog your mentioning, kindly post the link?
    You really should you know
    Comming from you that dosen't mean much.
    Somehow I don't believe you, I think your just an abused child that has
    allot of hostillity in him.
    I won't bother to ask you to look again.
    That's you from what I've read, I'm just somebody with a news account, I'm
    not a "scammer" and I certainly don't answer to the likes of you!
    No, because you say so, you really have to take something to get rid of the
    hostillity buddy, do it for your own good, and the good of whoever has to
    live with you, if anyone does.
    Have a better day,

    traveler 66, Dec 8, 2005
  18. Icono

    TwistyCreek Guest

    traveler 66 wrote:

    What's teh deal? Traveler, then traveler Q, then 66... are you afraid you
    might be in someone's killfile, or did you suddenly realize that 'Q' was
    another nym you used on The Dog House blog?

    They're right about you. You're a pathetic troll.

    TwistyCreek, Dec 8, 2005
  19. Icono

    TwistyCreek Guest

    All cowards say this when backed into a corner. When unable to provide any
    proof of anything that spew, they invariably resort to "you're not the
    boss of me" tactics. It's predictably pathetic.

    But it doesn't work that way. You claimed something existed, now it's
    you're responsibility to provide evidence that it dies not everyone else's
    responsibility to prove that it doesn't.

    So are you going to grow up and act like an adult here, or continue to
    make everything you say look like particularly smelly warm air coming from
    the wrong portal?

    Up to you slick. Personally I could care less ho stupid you make yourself
    look, I just wish you'd quit nymhopping to avoid my idiot filters.

    TwistyCreek, Dec 8, 2005
  20. So now you've gone from "can't happen" to "takes some time".

    Waffle much?

    Idiot.
    Some of them say they don't log, then use their logs to track down people
    who are dissing them.

    "We don't log anything"
    -Adminus

    "Hello, I am the owner of privacy.li. Today i saw some extra visitors, so
    i checked where they came from and arrived here.
    -Adminus

    LOL!

    Idiot.
    Right. We're suppose to believe someone who just lied to us. Who lied to
    us a lot in the past too. An anonymous liar who is too scared to run a
    business in the clear.

    No thanks.
    Where? Cites?

    The only thing you've done is keep parroting this idiotic claim.
    Illiterate putz.
    And yet, you talk to yourself quite a bit. Or at least answer for other
    puppets.
    Why? I don't use any of these services. I have nothing to gain or loose if
    they live or die.

    You on the other hand obviously have some vested interest in privacy.li.
    Nobody without a "cause" would be here supporting them after the way
    they've been stripped naked and proven "lacking", unless they had some
    sort of agenda.

    Thrasher Remailer, Dec 8, 2005