Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by DasFox, Jan 29, 2011.

  1. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    There are attacks that happen in a lot of ways, not just through
    websites... DDos, DOS, Exploits, backdoors, and on and on...

    You know I don't mind having a conversation as long as it's going to
    be respectful and not starting to become a troll fest, because
    sitting around talking about reality is total BS! There are still
    attacks into boxes it's called in the UNIX WORLD GAINING ROOT ACCESS!
    What you've never heard of gaining root, as though that also has no
    basis in reality?

    WRONG...TROLL elsewhere and you spelt your name wrong...LOL
    --
    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011

  2. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011

  3. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    Then RESTATE it with your words...MINE are fine but go ahead...
    --
    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  4. DasFox

    Android Guest

    Give me some design specifics and an intelligent assessment of your threat
    model, and I'll answer your question in no uncertain terms. And it WILL
    include a free firewall befitting your needs. It will NOT, however, include
    crap "software firewalls".

    (If you have half an IQ point free you already know where I'm going)

    Now, back to what you snipped and ran from. Lets see if you can man up or
    not... whether your self-stroking persona actually has any clue at all, or
    if you're nothing but hot air and don't even know what the hell I'm talking
    ABOUT, let alone understand it...
    So what? Having a more or less static IP address is a GOOD thing if you're
    smart. Saves you from having to deal with the aftermath of the previous
    owner and his P2P antics or soch.
    The best firewall in the world is free. And even lesser firewalls are
    perfectly capable of spitting back "unreachable" packets in response to
    anonymous requests. Just like boundary equipment does when the host being
    probed actually DOESN'T exist.

    Yes, Gibson's machine hiding snake oil is little more than security theater
    designed to dupe the masses. Nonexistent machines don't eat packets,
    something actually SAYS they're not there. So when packets magically
    disappear it's a sure sign there's a machine at that IP address. And one
    owned by a noob at that. :(
    I can't believe there's still people out there who are so willing to
    swallow whatever bile a media whore like Gibson vomits up.
    Actually, port hacking like you're describing accounts for almost ZERO
    successful attacks. But don't let little things like facts bother you.

    [...]
    It's fine, as software firewalls go. It's also completely unnecessary in
    modern times with modern equipment. I don't think there's an off the shelf
    router on the market that doesn't include a firewall these days. That and
    NAT alone make your machine completely invisible to the outside.
    Things like "stealth" aren't just not good enough, or "good as it gets",
    they're worse than doing nothing in a lot of scenarios. And completely
    meaningless in the rest.

    Android, Jan 29, 2011
  5. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    YOU claimed the best firewall was free...UP THERE ^^^^^^^...

    NOW backup your claims or STFU...

    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  6. You really don't understand much of this. I'll hold your hand some more,
    but my time is limited. Please make an effort ot absorb...

    DDoS and DoS, two attacks you've heard about but obvously don't understand
    when you just pulled them out of thin air and blurt them because you
    thought they sounded impressive, are attacks have nothing at all to do with
    anything we're discussing at present. They're "brute force" overload type
    attacks and are almost without exception directed at boundary equipment or
    specific software (like IIS, which requires open ports to function). In any
    case, they have little or nothing to do with end users and NOTHING at all
    to do with firewalls or hiding IP addresses.

    Backdoors... you're already compromised. Those are the things attackers
    cause to be installed after you've already slopped your dripper, be it by
    way of ignorance or laziness.
    there's no trolliung going on here. I'm correcting you. giving out USEFUL
    information to offset your lack of understanding and the unnatural need for
    attention that drives it. You are, quite simply, a clueless noob trying to
    play expert. And the expert in me is compelled to deal with you by way of
    damage control. That's the only reason I'm replying to your rot. And once
    you've been reduced to your usual one-line sputterings of ASCII flatulence,
    my job is done.
    Sure I have. Seen it first hand from both ends of the spectrum many times
    in fact. That's how I know you're full of nothing but yourself. Not ONE of
    those attacks came in direct through a port of any sort. Fact is, if you
    had any clue at all you'd already understand that "rooting" a box is
    something you do after you already own it. AFTER your initial attack has
    succeeded. That's why almost all these types of attacks are privilege
    escalation attacks, centric to poor adminning and/or niggles with specific
    software versions.
    That's the very best you have? Childish sniping at spelling slipups?

    You're hardly worth the effort. *sigh*

    Android Speller, Jan 29, 2011
  7. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    GET A SPELLCHECKER...LOL...I know all this but good for noobs so go
    on...RANT...
    WILL that be soon....? We are getting tired form you...
    I was talking PORTS...KEEP UP...
    What a guy...all Jesus on us...NOT...

    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  8. And it absolutely is. Give me some specifics and I'll show it to you,
    because there's LOTS of quite excellent free firewalls out there, each best
    suited to a given scenario.

    Or do you just not have the balls, and think if you keep whining about this
    and snipping the rest you're somehow a "winner"?

    Sorry sonny, not this day...
    Trying to. I can probably narrow it down to two or three without you but
    I'd like to answer your question more specifically. Now, do you have
    anything even remotely resembling the manhood it takes to stand up and
    address mine...

    Android SuperSpellerGuy, Jan 29, 2011
  9. *snicker*

    That's about the 10th time in a week I've watched your astoundingly stupid
    self get so overwhelmed, by someone with some REAL knowledge, that you were
    reduced to a quivering corner-dwelling pile of "I knew that" puddin.

    And of course childish spelling flames...

    Thank you regardless. I was feelin a little bored and blue today, and
    making a fool of a fool like you was just the ticket. :)

    Android D. MeggaspellerMan, Jan 29, 2011
  10. DasFox

    heirophant Guest

    Speaking of python scripts ;)

    Is today the day that you are going to assist me?

    heirophant, Jan 29, 2011
  11. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    OK name THEM...although you clearly said "firewall" no S...

    or STFU...

    THANKS

    DasFox, Jan 29, 2011
  12. Good grief! How slow/dense/silly are you for Dog's sake? Are you even
    bright enough to grasp the concept of "best" being situation specific? That
    what's barely manageable to someone of limited resources like yourself,
    would be woefully inadequate to someone like me?

    OK dummy, look... I'll go out on a limb and say that for rubes like you the
    best option is something like DD-WRT on older hardware. Free, off-machine
    like a real firewall should be, and dumbed down to a level that you might
    be able to figure out just enough to keep from shooting your own feet, like
    you have with your web site's horribly mucked up "security". With people
    like you that's the very BEST that can be hoped for.

    Oh, and while I still have your attention I'll see if you've grown a set
    yet...

    Android Fox Hunter, Jan 30, 2011
  13. What in the world are you typing about??

    Android Wants To Know, Jan 30, 2011
  14. DasFox

    heirophant Guest

    Sorry, very difficult to keep all you anonymous types separated.

    heirophant, Jan 30, 2011