    Or how should this work??

    Thanks,
    Martin

    Martin 53N 1W, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Martin 53N 1W

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Why bad..?
    Erm.. how about "I'm transferring you to Mr. X" before pressing the
    transfer button..?!
    Most PBX's should do that automatically. All the ones I've used do anyway.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 22, 2004

  3. Martin 53N 1W

    Ian Guest

    I dont need to but parking works well as a work arround

    What the OP means is screened transfer , This is lacking in * at the moment.
    But they are both hthe same same thing ansd that is telling the person the
    call is for who the caller is. what you have described is a blind transfer.

    The work arround is to park the call then call the peron the call is for and
    tell them the park No.
    * is not like most PBX's in some ways but better in many,

    Check the wiki there may be a bounty for screened transfer, perhaps adding
    soem more money to it will get it done.

    Ian

    Ian, Dec 22, 2004
  4. This was on the IP2006 phones. The fix was to update the phone's
    firmware to where the hold + XFR feature is now implemented.

    Nice idea :)-))

    The sequence is to use 'hold' and then XFR when you have found the
    target victim. Your present call and the held call are connected
    together and you get dropped.

    Thanks,
    Martin

    Martin 53N 1W, Dec 22, 2004