[ANN] Try an updated YATE port for FreeBSD

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Balwinder S bsd Dheeman, Feb 6, 2007.

  1. Followup-To: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc

    Greetings!

    Yate is a telephony engine aimed at creating a telephony server that
    performs well enough to deal with PBX (Private Branch eXchange)
    requirements, ACD (Advanced Call Distribution) and also flexible enough
    for complex VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) Gateway, Conferencing
    and IVR (Interactive Voice Response) solutions. Currently, popular
    packet voice and, or software protocols SIP, H.323 and IAX2 as well as
    traditional TDM hardware including many a T1, E1, ISDN PRI and ISDN BRI
    are supported over various signaling protocols.

    WWW: http://YATE.null.ro/

    An updated yate port is available for FreeBSD, I don't have enough of the
    resources to test; it however is possible to build the same on other *BSD
    variants too.

    To install/upgrade the ports download:
    http://cto.homelinux.net/pub/FreeBSD/ports/yate.tar.bz2
    and http://cto.homelinux.net/pub/FreeBSD/ports/spandsp-devel.tar.bz2

    To extract:
    # tar jxvf <path/to>/yate.tar.bz2 -C /usr/ports/net
    # tar jxvf <path/to>/spandsp-devel.tar.bz2 -C /usr/ports/comms
    # cd /usr/ports/net/yate
    # make install

    or

    # make package

    NOTE: Before running csup and, or cvsup do create and, or update a
    refuse file:

    # cat <<EOT >>/usr/ports/refuse
    comms/spandsp-devel*
    net/yate*
    EOT

    A yate ports collection for FreeBSD created by Alex Rodin 'alex DOT
    rodin AT gmail DOT com' is also/already available in the yate mailiing
    list archive.

    Kindly note, that this one is different and also includes, though small,
    but the following enhancements over the latest CVS head:

    * On Unix systems yate daemon tries to run under normal uid and, or gid.
    * Support for aliases is added to module regfile; check status now
    shows aliases as 'alias->number'.
    * The status now shows iport for remote connections in the rmanager
    module.
    * Updated and, or upto-date manpages, README and INSTALL files.

    I'm not that much expert in SIP, H.323, IAX2 and other such protocols
    and, or PSTN technology, so I request you to please post your relevant
    and, or technical questions to Null Team only; the creators of yate at
    http://yate.null.ro/pmwiki/index.php?n=Main.MailList

    Thanks,
    Regards,

    Balwinder S bsd Dheeman, Feb 6, 2007