[ANN] Mozilla & FireBird download links for BitTorrent

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Martijn Dekker, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. [Followup-To: netscape.mozilla.public.general]

    Mozilla 1.5 and Mozilla FireBird 0.7 are out. The main Mozilla download
    servers are overloaded and the mirrors have not been updated yet,
    AFAIK. I managed to get through to the main servers with some trickery
    and got both Mozillas for three platforms.

    I'm offering them for download using BitTorrent, a distributed (peer to
    peer) download system. The user uploads to others automatically as he
    starts downloading, and the more join in, the faster it goes - this is
    something the Mozilla maintainers should consider for the next major
    release!

    First, get BitTorrent here if you haven't already:
    http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html

    Then, use one of the download links below. Be a good net citizen and
    keep your BitTorrent window open for a while after downloading, until
    you have uploaded at least as much as you download, preferably more.

    * Mozilla 1.5 for Mac OS X
    http://trinity.filesoup.com/torrents/mozilla-mac-MachO-1.5.torrent

    * Mozilla 1.5 for Linux i686
    http://trinity.filesoup.com/torrents/mozilla-i686-pc-linux-gnu-1.5-sea.torrent

    * Mozilla 1.5 for Win32
    http://trinity.filesoup.com/torrents/mozilla-win32-1.5-installer.torrent

    * Mozilla FireBird 0.7 for Mac OS X
    http://trinity.filesoup.com/torrents/MozillaFirebird-0.7-mac.torrent

    * Mozilla FireBird 0.7 for Linux i686
    http://trinity.filesoup.com/torrents/MozillaFirebird-0.7-i686-pc-linux-gnu.torrent

    * Mozilla FireBird 0.7 for Win32
    http://trinity.filesoup.com/torrents/MozillaFirebird-0.7-win32.torrent

    BitTorrent tracking courtesy of the Trinity Tracker,
    http://zionmatrix.com:6969/

    Enjoy!

    Martijn Dekker, Oct 15, 2003