    Should I just prioritise all UDP traffic from my phone?

    Thanks
    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Feb 24, 2013

  2. Not much use, given:
    The outbound RTP uses the ports specified by your ITSP, in the SDP in
    their INVITE or ACK, for inbound calls, and in their 200 OK, for
    outbound calls. It can be almost any number, except 5060 (given the SIP
    setting quoted above), although it would normally by at least 1024.
    That might be easiest.

    David Woolley, Feb 24, 2013

  3. In theory. In practice, my router isn't that bright.
    (and there's not much you can do in 4MB flash)

    I've tried prioritising UDP 9000-65534 and it keeps going on a UK call while
    killing the bandwidth with torrents. But Voipgain's outbound voice is still
    dire when calling a Greek mobile (quiet, broken audio) so I'm not sure if
    it's my network or their termination provider is just terrible.

    (I once got a 'your balance has expired, please topup' message from their
    termination provider - so maybe they just run it in a phone box with a giant
    stack of calling cards...)

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Feb 27, 2013
  4. There's actually an awful lot you can do in 4MB, even if modern software
    can't!
    The normal way of doing this on an intranet would be to have the sending
    device set TOS=ef (expedited flow) and have the routers prioritise on
    that. Obviously, once you get beyond your own routers, there is scope
    to abuse this.

    David Woolley, Feb 27, 2013