    and someone recognizes what that is.

    Thanks for your help.

    -Ben

    Ben P., Aug 26, 2007

  2. Ben P.

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ben P. wrote:

    > I'm using OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 and I'm having trouble anchoring things
    > in Calc. When I select a cell, group of cells, or row/column, then go
    > to Format > Anchor, both of the options ("To Page" and "To Cell") are
    > grayed out.
    >
    > For the record, I've had this same issue in past releases of
    > OpenOffice, on multiple computers. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong
    > and someone recognizes what that is.

    There's a forum for OOO Calc for people who like to read and write with
    their browser

    http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.phtml?f=3 OOoForum.org
    orum -- OpenOffice.org Calc

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 26, 2007

  3. Ben P.

    Ben P. Guest

    On Aug 25, 7:04 pm, "Mike Easter" <> wrote:

    > There's a forum for OOO Calc for people who like to read and write with
    > their browser

    Mike, I'm sorry if I've offended you by not using a newsgroup client
    to post in a single thread.

    In other news, I have found out what I was doing wrong -- I had the
    terminology wrong, and what I needed was actually the "Freeze"
    feature.

    Thanks,
    Ben

    Ben P., Aug 26, 2007
  4. Ben P.

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ben P. wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"

    >> There's a forum for OOO Calc for people who like to read and write
    >> with their browser

    > Mike, I'm sorry if I've offended you by not using a newsgroup client
    > to post in a single thread.

    It is not a matter of me being offended. My suggestion about the OOO
    Calc forum was a legitimate and honest recommendation. I even went over
    there to see what the activity level was like.

    On many occasions, there is some webforum where there is much more
    specific expertise in a particular area than the newsgroup where a
    question was originally asked. For example the ubuntu forum is a much
    much much busier place than alt.os.linux.ubuntu. But I wouldn't
    recommend to an nntp newsreader that they go to the ub forum unless
    there was no other recommendation I could give them, because a great
    many newsers prefer the nntp interface instead of a browser interface to
    communicate in a community exchange of information.

    Personally I absolutely hate to 'converse' with a web browser in a web
    forum and I would never consider communicating in a newsgroup with GG
    under ordinary circumstances.

    However, that consideration does not apply to a googlegrouper, who has
    chosen a browser to communicate in a medium principally attended by nntp
    newsers. So, therefore I felt that the OOO Calc forum would be an
    excellent place for a GGer to commiserate; ask and answer questions.

    > In other news, I have found out what I was doing wrong -- I had the
    > terminology wrong, and what I needed was actually the "Freeze"
    > feature.

    Good.

    --
    Mike Easter