    Commando
    True Lies
    Westworld

    Michael Rogers, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Better yet, New Rule: No more 4:3 LBX DVDs! :)

    Anonymous Joe, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Don't forget:

    The Doors
    Goodfellas

    Jim Ignatowski, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Michael Rogers

    Richard C. Guest

    GIANT

    Richard C., Jan 14, 2004
  5. Michael Rogers

    3W Guest

    The Road to Wellville (yes, the crappy but enjoyable Matthew Broderick one)

    3W, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Michael Rogers

    Black Locust Guest

    Isn't that more or less the case now? I seldom see any new DVD's that
    are non-anamorphic.

    Black Locust, Jan 14, 2004
  7. I heard new Goodfellas SE is on the way (with an anamorphic transfer)

    Michael Rogers, Jan 14, 2004
  8. Michael Rogers

    CNDA Guest

    An even better rule: NO MORE PAN & SCAN. Received a copy of "Scarface"
    and not until after I opened did I realize that it was P&S. It was a
    gift. What can you do?

    CNDA, Jan 14, 2004
  9. Michael Rogers

    Steve K. Guest

    Office Space
    Dazed and Confused
    Young Frankenstein

    Steve K., Jan 14, 2004
  10. Michael Rogers

    Doonie Guest

    Sister Act
    Romancing The Stone

    Doonie, Jan 14, 2004
  11. Michael Rogers

    CNDA Guest

    IOW, anything and everything on DVD that could benefit from the process
    of anamorphic should be made so.

    César

    CNDA, Jan 14, 2004
  12. Michael Rogers

    David Z Guest

    The UK (Region 2 PAL) release of Office Space is anamorphic. Hope this
    helps.

    David Z, Jan 14, 2004
  13. Michael Rogers

    unclejr Guest

    Sell it and buy a WS copy.

    HTH,

    -Junior

    unclejr, Jan 14, 2004
  14. Michael Rogers

    Peter Parker Guest

    Field of Dreams.

    Peter Parker, Jan 14, 2004
  15. Michael Rogers

    Richard C. Guest

    : In article <[email protected]_s53>,
    :
    : > Better yet, New Rule: No more 4:3 LBX DVDs! :)
    :
    : Isn't that more or less the case now? I seldom see any new DVD's that
    : are non-anamorphic.
    : --
    : BL
    =====================
    ALL of MGMs current 1.66:1 movies have been non-anamorphic.
    Giant was non-anamorphic.
    Monsoon Wedding also........
    I refuse to buy them.
    Of all aspects, that is the one that is impossible to view properly unless
    anamorphic.
    Zooming cuts off the top and bottom, unlike a non-anamorphic 1.85:1 movie.
    =========================

    Richard C., Jan 14, 2004
  16. Michael Rogers

    CNDA Guest

    Certainly, not to you, right? :) Seriously, who's still buying P&S
    versions if not by mistake?

    CNDA, Jan 14, 2004
  17. Michael Rogers

    unclejr Guest

    You would be surprised what Joe Six-Pack will buy on eBay... :)

    -Junior

    unclejr, Jan 15, 2004
  18. The fact that P&S exists is proof that some (many) are buying it on
    purpose. The studios would stop making them if nobody wanted them. You
    should've made sure it was widescreen before you took the cello off (I
    always do when it's a gift). In any case, you are not stuck with a lemon
    (well, it's a lemon to you but there is another person out there who
    would want it), the disc will sell on Ebay.

    Michael Rogers, Jan 15, 2004
  19. Michael Rogers

    Heinrich Guest

    In article <>, Michael Rogers