    I want to process in DXO. (If I do any processing in LR, unless I first
    save as a tiff, DXO will not recognize the adjustments.

    Just thought i would pass this on to anyone who is interested.

    PeterN, May 18, 2014

  2. PeterN

    Forehead Guest

    And I thank you for that info. I have been struggling with some
    of the limitations that you described. Nikon shows it's dominance
    yet again, apparently. I will definitely be looking into that product.
    (( {:->/

    Forehead, May 18, 2014

  3. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    It's a free download from Nikon.

    PeterN, May 18, 2014
  4. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    I know it seems trivial, but all of the exif information appears when I
    click on the image. I don't have to do a right click and select.

    PeterN, May 18, 2014
  5. PeterN

    Forehead Guest

    This software is only compatible with Nikon equipment?
    I was under the impression that the software could also
    be used with other makes. I don't currently own any
    Nikon cameras, but have always admired them.
    Guess it's high time to finally get Nikoned up!
    (( {:->/

    Forehead, May 18, 2014
  6. PeterN

    Robert Coe Guest

    : On 5/18/2014 11:11 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    : > On 2014-05-18 15:56:11 +0000, Forehead <> said:
    : >
    : >> On 5/18/2014 10:36 AM, PeterN wrote:
    : >>> There have been times in the field where I have had images with
    : >>> technical difficulties. I can usually fix the issues, but when I get
    : >>> back I sometimes forget what went wrong.
    : >>> I started using Nikon View as an analysis tool. It shows me exactly
    : >>> where I messed up. I have looked at exif readers, but they don't seem to
    : >>> give me as accurate analysis, nor do they show the focus point. I can
    : >>> also make some rough adjustments that will be kept by those images that
    : >>> I want to process in DXO. (If I do any processing in LR, unless I first
    : >>> save as a tiff, DXO will not recognize the adjustments.
    : >>>
    : >>> Just thought i would pass this on to anyone who is interested.
    : >>>
    : >>>
    : >>>
    : >> And I thank you for that info. I have been struggling with some
    : >> of the limitations that you described. Nikon shows it's dominance
    : >> yet again, apparently. I will definitely be looking into that product.
    : >> (( {:->/
    : >
    : > ViewNX or ViewNX 2 should have been part of your new Nikon camera
    : > bundle. I am not sure if it is included with the latest models. I got my
    : > copy with my D300S back in 2010.
    : >
    : >
    : This software is only compatible with Nikon equipment?
    : I was under the impression that the software could also
    : be used with other makes. I don't currently own any
    : Nikon cameras, but have always admired them.
    : Guess it's high time to finally get Nikoned up!

    Not necessarily. Canon also provides a very good primary photo editor, Digital
    Photo Professional, free with its serious cameras. Along with the usual light
    balance and sharpness adjustments, cropping and rotational correction, etc.,
    DPP (unlike LR) also displays the autofocus points. And if you need more, you
    can always feed its output into a secondary editor. (It doesn't do redeye
    correction, for example; so when I need that, I use Irfanview after the
    conversion to JPEG.) And I believe, although I'm too lazy to look it up, that
    DPP may provide a direct path to ACR without intermediate conversion to TIFF
    or JPEG.

    For all I know, other manufacturers (Sony? Olumpus? Pentax?) may also provide
    similar viewing and editing utilities.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, May 18, 2014