    Does anyone know what the capacity for a digital T1 line is? Also,
    what is the approximate cost?

    Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

    l0200100, May 23, 2006

  2. 1.544 megabits per second. Cost varies all over the map, depending
    on termination (ISP), distance, class of service, etc. $800/month is
    a number that sticks in my head, though I've seen it for much less,
    and as high as $9K/month.

    Fractional T1 service can give you some number of 56 kilobit channels,
    but can be _more_ expensive than full T1 service. 8*}

    William P.N. Smith, May 23, 2006

  3. I thought all T1's were digital? Wouldn't an "analog T1" just be 24 POTS
    lines?

    Cost will be all over the board. Where are you located?

    Jonathan Roberts, May 23, 2006
  4. l0200100

    K7AAY Guest

    Naah... T-1s carry all kinda data, including NTSC video, and such lines
    IIRC are oft do described. Don't know if they're useful for VOIP
    telephony, though.

    K7AAY, May 23, 2006
  5. l0200100

    B. Wright Guest

    There is no such thing as an "analog T1" as someone else already
    pointed out. A T1 also has 24 voice channels, not 23, ISDN PRI only has
    23 because one is lost for D channel signalling.
    See above.
    You really haven't given anyone near enough information about
    what you're trying to do, what market you are in (the pricing is likely
    to vary based on where you are), etc... so how do expect accurate
    answers?

    Why are you posting in the voip newsgroup? Is it related or
    you're not even sure about that?

    B. Wright, May 24, 2006