analog or hybrid imaging modeling tech?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dale, Jan 18, 2014.

  1. Dale

    Dale Guest

    ask Kodak what PLUS (runs on VAX/VMS) or portable PLUS

    I am sure there is still a market for analog and hybrid modeling in at
    least the motion picture industry

    Kodak licensed "something" to IMAX

    the group using this tech used to reside in buildings 65/69 which was
    torn down, don't even know if any of it is used any more, since the
    hybrid stuff can be put into ICC format after PLUS
    http://www.color.org
    since ICC profile format allows for the math constructs PLUS uses

    I notice the group in Lowell Mass. which was working on ICC, has been
    disbanded, and their representative to ICC is now from Canada

    they use this in their cine site I think
    they use this in their digital editing workstations for sale I think

    I know some movies have been filmed digital
    are digital projectors mature yet?
    do all theaters have digital projectors yet?

    or is film just "dead" altogether

    might make for an interesting discussion with your Kodak representive or
    at a tradeshow on the topics related

    Kodak licensed "something" to IMAX

    Dale, Jan 18, 2014

  2. Dale

    Dale Guest

    you need a lot of information and instrumentation to do this

    like for analog

    1) spectrum of imaging dyes
    2) spectral sensitivity of sensitizer dyes
    3) spectral sensitivity crosstalk
    4) chemical process crosstalk of imaging dyes
    (DIR, and DIAR couplers reduce this)
    5) light sources
    6) filtrations

    for hybrid