    thanks

    Milo (Im not wierd just mental sometimes)
    ___

    milo, Feb 6, 2004

  2. milo

    Chet Guest

    Those are probably links to other web sites. If you don't want them
    underlined go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and look for the entry
    "underline links" and choose always, hover (when the cursor is over it) or
    never.

    Chet, Feb 6, 2004

  3. milo

    Thor Guest

    If it's not a normal hyperlink, and you are seeing the same types of words
    underlined on every site, then you probably have some spyware on your
    system. "TopText" is one that will do this. It reads the webpages you visit
    and creates hyperlinks on the page that the original page never had.
    Clicking them will usually lead you to some advertising website that had
    paid the creators of TopText (and other companies like it) to link their
    sites in this way. Get "Spybot Search and Destroy". It's a free download,
    and will probably clean this up.

    Thor, Feb 6, 2004
  4. milo

    Night_Seer Guest

    Actually many websites are using this as a new form of advertisement.
    But they usually double underline the words, so you know its an
    advertisement link. I didn't know there was spyware that actually did
    this, and its another thing I'll have to look out for.

    Night_Seer, Feb 6, 2004