An open letter/rant to Seattle and Los Angeles on the Arizona boycott!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jun 4, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    I for one fail to understand the reasoning of your decision to boycott
    Arizona.

    They have done what the United States federal government is required to do,
    and has flat out refused to!

    While Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Phoenix, was attempting to perform his duties,
    under the guidelines set forth by the federal government, that same federal
    government made it difficult in every way possible, for him to enforce
    federal laws regarding undocumented aliens (illegal aliens).

    The state got so fed up with the federal government's bungling of their own
    laws, the state decided to literally take the law into their own hands.

    If anything, you should be backing this new law. Not be stabbing it in the
    back.

    To educate you a little, this recent battle between the state of Arizona
    and the DHS head, Janet Napolitano [former arizona governor], required an
    agreement between the Sheriff's office and federal government. This came to
    a heated argument when two ICE agents questioned the authority of a deputy
    sherriff's right to question the driver of a vehicle after a traffic stop.

    Since that argument, things between the two departments got rather steamy
    over the months. To the point where local law enforcement was not even
    allowed to ask a person for documentation. Period. Not even if only state
    laws were violated.

    Uh excuse me Miss Napolitano ma'am, but isn't there somewhere in the laws
    of the United States requiring a legal visitor to have proper and duly
    issued documentation of some kind? Which they are required to have on their
    person at all times? Apparently, understanding the laws as they exist is
    not your way of doing business. It's "my way or the highway".

    But you went and got enough people pissed off, they decided to over step
    your authority. I'm damned glad they did it too. Because YOU, can not
    control the authority of a state officer given to that officer by that
    state. That is precisely why you are pissed off.

    Did Arizona stab you in the back? Not unlike the thousands of times you
    stabbed them in the back. Now the state has it in writing, directing it's
    officers to verify the status of any suspected "illegal alien". In regards
    to state laws, not federal.

    Kind of like when you visit a foreign country in Europe. When you cross a
    border you get asked for "papers" don't you? No papers, you get sent off to
    jail and maybe a year or two later get to go home. If you're that lucky.

    Madame, there are federal laws in this country to which even you MUST
    adhere too. No, you do not have the right to pick and choose which laws you
    feel like enforcing and how they get enforced. No you do not have the legal
    right to create your own laws.

    The new Arizona law is merely an enhancement of existing federal laws,
    which the federal government is totally unwilling to enforce. The new law
    is merely bolstering the fact, that a visitor to that state, MUST HAVE
    certain documentation provided by the federal government. Even including
    certain documentation provided by the state, such as a driver's license.
    No, an illegal alien does not get the "right to drive" simply by being in
    the state. Maybe they do in Washington and California. Then why do the
    states issue license plates and driver's licenses?

    Roger Barnett, a rancher who owned property in the southern section of
    Arizona found many times, illegal aliens using his property. Because he
    dared to excercise his right to hold those trespasser for the authorities,
    he was properly sued, at least twice, and lost both times. Why do illegal
    aliens even get the oppurtunity to abuse the court system like this?

    When illegal aliens are discovered, by any law enforcement officer, they
    are to be taken jail, then deported. No, they do not get the right to a
    trial by jury. "Rights" are for natural citizens and those persons who are
    visiting this country legally and properly.

    Perhaps the states of California and Washington should write similar laws
    and enforce them. Otherwise, we may as well as open the borders and not
    even bother with it.

    As it stands now, an illegal alien can do as he damn well pleases with no
    fears.

    richard, Jun 4, 2010

  2. richard

    SmucKKKy Guest

    Make the law like the one Mexico uses and see how THEY like THAT.....

    SmucKKKy, Jun 4, 2010

  3. richard

    Jordon Guest

    Jordon, Jun 4, 2010
  4. It's all politics in CA. Way back in 1994 California passed Prop 187 but it
    was shot down by the courts
    http://www.aclu.org/immigrants-righ...ided-ending-states-five-year-battle-aclu-righ
    What every happened to "Your vote counts" Back then California's Assembly
    Speaker Antonio Villaraigosa, who is Hispanic and now the Mayor of LA
    participated in the mediation against it also ruled for the boycott.

    *WARNING* Please Do NOT follow any advice given by the Trolls listed
    below. Trolls CAN NOT help you. They latch on to my posts like leeches.
    David H Lipman, Peter Foldes, Barry Schwarz, PA Bear, Leythos.

    The Real Truth MVP, Jun 4, 2010
  5. Another good read
    http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2010/05/learning_from_prop187.html

    The Real Truth MVP, Jun 4, 2010
  6. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    Your nickname precludes any understanding, RtS.

    Aardvark, Jun 4, 2010
  7. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    Nope. It's a rare occurrence.

    Aardvark, Jun 4, 2010
  8. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    Because they are passing a law *completely* beyond their authority
    according to the US constitution. What's not to understand?

    Due to Scrub no doubt. Surely a extenuating case if any has occurred.

    What are you nuts? they just don't let you in if you don't have a
    *passport*. Say that word slowly so you'll learn it.
    Bullshit. They're caught, detained and then shipped back across to Mexico.
    Daily. I just happens to often to make a news story is all.

    chuckcar, Jun 4, 2010
  9. Nope. If that were true then why the need of that new law? ICE is a federal
    government entity. They get involved only if you break a federal law.
    What about this Luna Luna asshole
    http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/06/01/illegal-immigrants-crime-spree-in-wa/

    The Real Truth MVP, Jun 5, 2010
  10. richard

    freemont Guest

    Somebody translate this into English for me please, thanks.

    freemont, Jun 5, 2010
  11. richard

    gangle Guest

    COMPUTER TRANSLATION (Moronish to English):

    "All I is to happens often to make news just a story."

    HTH

    gangle, Jun 5, 2010