An on-the-ball software developer...

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by M. Murcek, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    I posted below that Paragon Drive Backup does not work on x64, but it's a
    great product on 32 bit XP. Joseph Conway recommended that I email Paragon
    and ask them their plans. I did, and below is what I got back in short
    order. I'm impressed!

    Dear Martin!

    Yes, there are such plans. At present our software is being tested for
    compatibility with 64-bit platforms. In the nearest future we are
    going to realize 64-bit both Windows and Linux versions of our
    products.

    Would you please provide us with some technical information about
    configuration of the workstation which you are going to install our
    software to? Describe briefly the hardware: CPU, RAM, computer model,
    SCSI controllers, hard disks, CD/DVD drive etc. This information will
    be very useful for us.

    If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact us.
    ______________________
    Best regards,
    Konstantin Kamanin
    Paragon Software Group
    mailto:

    M. Murcek, Jun 4, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 4, 2005

  3. M. Murcek

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Lucky you :)

    I contacted Palm, and they claimed not to have even thought about
    64-bit drivers for the Palm handhelds.
    I also contacted Macromedia for a 64-bit player, and they said
    they couldn't comment on it, so that is probably secret speak of
    "we are working on it".

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 4, 2005
  4. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Well, I'm not always an optimist, but I've had some good experiences talking
    to developers who are getting with the x64 program. Back in the old CPP
    newsgroup, a guy from Synaptics was quite helpful (conversely, it seems the
    ALPS touchpad on my zv5000z will always be just a generic pointer. ALPS
    sux) As I've said before, I now seek out hardware and software vendors who
    are actively supporting x64 solutions.

    There will always be glad handing and the blowing of sunshine up the old you
    know where, but there are some square dealers out there too.

    M. Murcek, Jun 4, 2005
  5. M. Murcek

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    That's the best idea. I hope everybody thinking about installing x64
    would actually do that. Keeps a lot of the whingers out of here :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 4, 2005
  6. Thats great Martin.

    Hopefully as more and more ISVs (and IHVs) see the impact that x64 is
    having on the market, they will have new products out that support the
    platform. Thanks for posting the update to this.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jun 6, 2005