an OLD song ( UK?) ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anOLDun, Mar 5, 2005.

  1. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Lo All
    Trying to remember the name of the artist who sang a song late 50's early
    60's.

    The song is called:-
    "This train runs through the middle of the house."

    Did a yahoo and google search but can only find the lyrics.

    ALSO, they show the song as :-

    "The railroad runs through the middle of the house".

    I thought it was sung by Alma Cogan did a search using her name but still no
    luck.

    Anyone got any clues?

    Cheers

    anOLDun, Mar 5, 2005

  2. anOLDun

    Pennywise Guest

    On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 02:12:23 -0000, "anOLDun"

    http://www.grandfolkies.com/r.htm ?

    Pennywise, Mar 5, 2005

  3. anOLDun

    EricP Guest

    http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/Before70s/1046882004.shtml

    EricP, Mar 5, 2005
  4. anOLDun

    SgtMinor Guest

    Good grief, Charley Brown, how ffin' old *are* you? I googled for the
    title you gave and came up with all sorts of stuff, like: "I've got a
    track on a cd of Alma COgan singing The Railroad Runs Through the Middle
    of the House" http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/Before70s/1046882004.shtml

    Also found out that Vaughn Monroe recorded it, and a lot more, like
    Ronnie & The Raiders taking a shot at it etc.

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J56B21B9A

    SgtMinor, Mar 5, 2005
  5. anOLDun

    Richard Guest

    Maybe, but Rosemary Clooney was probably the one who made it so popular.

    Haven't personally met her, but have met little brother Nickey when he was
    news anchor at WKRC TV in Cincinnati. Didn't meet george then but did meet
    his little brother.

    Richard, Mar 5, 2005
  6. Hey, watch it! I remember it, too. :)

    I don't know which version, though. Probably a later one. I hope...

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 5, 2005
  7.
    Merer-het-inhur-ir V, Mar 5, 2005