an oddball scary kind of thing you would think would never happen

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jan 31, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    In 2008, Beverly Hills High School had 2,412 students: 26 percent White, 62
    percent Persian, 6 percent Asian, 5 percent African-American, 1 percent
    Latino. About one-third, or 800, of the students at the school are
    Iranian.[6]

    About 35 percent of Beverly's current student body was born outside the
    United States, and 42 percent of its students speak a first language other
    than English.

    The above is from the wikipedia about Beverly Hills High School.
    What used to be an all white school, is now 76% non white.
    62% are Persian? Holy shit. Those damn Persians must be damned filthy rich.
    I guess maybe it's better than 62% black or Latino. Oh I'm sorry I'm
    supposed to say "afro-american". Screw it.

    So where did all the rich hollywood types move to then? India?
    Guess they watched all the old "Beverly Hillbillies" show to much eh?

    richard, Jan 31, 2010

  2. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Where did these Persians come from if only half are from Iran?

    Mike "wikipedia is not to be questioned" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Jan 31, 2010

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    what kills me is the fact they say one third are Iranian after all the
    other numbers. Since Iran was Persia, then where do the other third of
    students really come from? As ancient Persia covered a huge territory.

    richard, Jan 31, 2010
  4. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Now, why didn't I think of asking that question? And after
    noticing that I should have taken a skeptical look at the source
    of that data and the total of ~133%.

    Instead all I did was ask that question and take a
    skeptical look at the source.

    Mike "are half the Persians from Thermopylae?" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Jan 31, 2010