    '\\Crutchfield' and its current IP address '\\198.####' . When I try I
    recieve the strange message that I don't have permission. Why would this be?
    Computer1 is on the network and this is just odd.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=, Dec 21, 2004

  2. On both PC's do the following:

    click Start, click Run, type:
    net user guest /active:yes (and hit enter)

    Then, click Start, click Run, type:

    control userpasswords2 (and hit enter)

    Click Guest, click Reset Password and then click OK without entering a new
    password.

    Finally, download and install this registry patch on both PCs and reboot for
    changes to take effect:

    www.careyholzman.com/xp/home/fixnet.zip

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Dec 21, 2004