AMERICAN ENGLISH vs BRITISH, CANADIAN, or AUSTRALIAN ENGLISH

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Proud USA Babe, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. How about Phul-lease for Police, or nuclear with 3 sylables

    Darrell A. Larose, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    Well, if you mention Worcestershire, we'll all crack up laughing at your
    pronunciation.

    Mark Wallace, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Proud USA Babe

    Russell Guest

    Woostersheer??

    Russell, Sep 25, 2003
  4. Proud USA Babe

    John Bean Guest

    Mike Neville and George House. They were both TV presenters at the
    time.

    John Bean, Sep 25, 2003
  5. Proud USA Babe

    me Guest

    My dictionary shows nuclear as three sylables.
    nu - cle - ar
    As long as you don't say nuke-u-lar, you're okay.

    The hicks around here say poe-lease for police. :)

    me, Sep 25, 2003
  6. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    Good Lord!

    I didn't dream that anyone would actually know it!

    Mark Wallace, Sep 25, 2003
  7. Disbelieving s*d ;-) Read Heatherington's "Selina's Aunt".

    --
    Dave OSOS#24 Remove my gerbil for email replies

    Yamaha XJ900S & Wessex sidecar, the sexy one
    Yamaha XJ900F & Watsonian Monaco, the comfortable one

    http://dswindell.members.beeb.net

    Dave Swindell, Sep 26, 2003
  8. Or, how about "Greenwitch"?

    William Graham, Sep 26, 2003
  9. Proud USA Babe

    Frank ess Guest

    Cholmondley

    Frank ess, Sep 26, 2003
  10. Proud USA Babe

    JD Guest

    St John

    JD

    JD, Sep 26, 2003
  11. Darius Alexander, Sep 26, 2003
  12. Gregory W. Blank, Sep 26, 2003
  13. Proud USA Babe

    Simon Guest

    Featherstonehaugh

    Simon, Sep 26, 2003
  14. Proud USA Babe

    a.spencer3 Guest

    Featherstonehaugh

    Surreyman

    a.spencer3, Sep 26, 2003
  15. Both ;)

    Darrell A. Larose, Sep 26, 2003
  16. Proud USA Babe

    mUs1Ka Guest

    Rattlinghope.
    m.

    mUs1Ka, Sep 26, 2003
  17. Proud USA Babe

    a.spencer3 Guest

    Now that's a new one - amaze me with the pronunciation - Ranup?

    Surreyman

    a.spencer3, Sep 26, 2003
  18. Proud USA Babe

    mUs1Ka Guest