    a.spencer3 Guest

    There's posh for you.

    Surreyman

    a.spencer3, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    Where on Earth did you get this delightful nugget of information from?
    Before Crapper, people had a hole in a plank of wood leading to lumps of
    mud, or, if they were really rich, holes in planks of wood and servants with
    buckets. There was no flushing toilet before he designed one.

    Let me guess: It's an American invention!
    I should have known.

    Mark Wallace, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    Geordie.
    It's bloody hard work understanding it, let alone speaking it.

    Mark Wallace, Sep 23, 2003
  4. Proud USA Babe

    a.spencer3 Guest

    The Greeks/Roman had permanently flushing loos .........

    And there was a TV prog recently that mentioned a flushing system from the
    1500s in the UK - but maybe a one-off!

    Surreyman

    a.spencer3, Sep 23, 2003
  5. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    See what I mean?

    Watta wanka.

    --
    Mark Wallace
    For the intelligent approach to nasty humour, visit:

    Mark Wallace, Sep 23, 2003
  6. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    Oh. Too technical for me to join in.

    Or goes back in time to take digital photos of historical events in Britain
    and writes captions for them in English.
    It's probably someone who's posted to each of the groups, and been scorned
    by them (no prizes for guessing why).

    Mark Wallace, Sep 23, 2003
  7. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    Oh, we've managed a slight new twist.

    American idiot vs total ignorance of his words by everyone else.

    How many people got past his third sentence?

    Mark Wallace, Sep 23, 2003
  8. Proud USA Babe

    Tobasco Guest

    No.

    The name of the books, please.
    T.

    Tobasco, Sep 23, 2003
  9. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    A lot of what I have done under the name "Mark Wallace" is on the web-site.

    Now, since turnabout is fair play, what are the addresses of all these
    schools you own?

    Mark Wallace, Sep 23, 2003
  10. Proud USA Babe

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Sometimes it seems we get a tiny lull, then they realise things have
    gone quiet and off we go again.

    Paul Heslop, Sep 23, 2003
  11. Proud USA Babe

    Smiff UK Guest

    Smiff UK, Sep 23, 2003
  12. Proud USA Babe

    Phill Guest

    I thought crapes were a sort of pancake eaten by our European friends.
    :) Don't know what it shows about standards in Americian education, I went
    to a grammer School in Berkshire, England

    Phill, Sep 23, 2003
  13. Proud USA Babe

    friend Guest

    naaa, just trying to polish my English. ;-)

    friend, Sep 23, 2003
  14. Please don't name the Grammar School. They would be embarrassed. ;-(

    John Cartmell, Sep 23, 2003
  15. Proud USA Babe

    Guest Guest

    Hey if it's about shit . . . it's on the Internet...

    Guest, Sep 23, 2003
  16. Proud USA Babe

    George Kerby Guest

    It's a damn shame, I agree. The direct result of our "educators" not wanting
    to offend anyone and dumbing down testing to be politically correct. Fu-kin'
    liberal morons are going to be responsible for the downfall of society.

    George Kerby, Sep 23, 2003
  17. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    Both of those used natural water flows, like crapping in a river. That's
    not the same as a piece of artifice constructed specially to store water
    until it is needed to remove... um... dead goldfish.

    Mark Wallace, Sep 23, 2003
  18. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    Do you mean Sir Albert Walmeseley Farquehaterburgijn Shit, the designer of
    the cess pool?

    Mark Wallace, Sep 23, 2003
  19. (Proud USA Babe) wrote:
    "I am not unaware of the history of the English language, but I do
    strongly feel that the modern American dialect of the English language
    is the most efficient. Of course, it took root in England...as did the
    Spanish language in the Castilian section of Spain. But not unlike
    Spanish, the modern progression English language is not in England,
    but in the United States of America."

    It is quite ironic that a passage on this subject should be so
    awkwardly written.

    -Will, whose fellow Americans' "English" makes his ears bleed

    Will Dwinnell, Sep 23, 2003
  20. Not sure about that, Elizabeth of England is reputed to have had the first
    flushing toilet in England, so that's sixteenth century.

    By the way, are you aware that every name for 'the necessary room' in
    English is either a euphemism or obscene.

    William Black, Sep 23, 2003