    Go and read up on the basic usages of Simple Present and Present
    Progressive, Mr. I-am-an-English-teacher-who-owns-a-chain-of-schools.

    There, is that on-topic enough for you?

    Mark Wallace, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Proud USA Babe

    Bram Guest

    (Proud USA Babe) wrote:

    Troll.

    Bram, Sep 22, 2003

  3. Thank you.
    But it was a rethorical question, hinting at the, uhmm..., let's just call
    it irony in "plenty of idiots here"... ;-)

    Q.G. de Bakker, Sep 22, 2003
  4. Proud USA Babe

    Paul Heslop Guest

    What a complete and utter waste of time

    Paul Heslop, Sep 22, 2003
  5. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    Isn't that the definition of Usenet?

    Still, I'm sure we'd all rather waste our time on things other than that
    posting.

    Mark Wallace, Sep 22, 2003
  6. Proud USA Babe

    Lionel Guest

    Word has it that on Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:14:09 +0200, in this august
    Point well taken, but sometimes it's fun to play with the trolls. If
    nothing else, at least it means that they've brought some small amount
    of pleasure to /someone/, so their lives aren't a total waste. ;)

    Lionel, Sep 22, 2003
  7. Proud USA Babe

    Witheld Guest

    Well I hope it's not the American English you hear spoken in some southern
    American places ;-) then some of us Americans would be up "crapes creep".

    Witheld, Sep 22, 2003
  8. Efficiency doesn't enter into it, it is a question of having the right
    diction and turn of phrase for any situation. In this case, since we
    are dealing with another cross-posting git, it can be summed up in one
    word: "plonk!"

    Andrew Chaplin, Sep 22, 2003
  9. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    The best way of dealing with trolls involves hijacking their troll threads
    to talk about completely different things.

    All in all, I'd say we've been very successful.

    Mark Wallace, Sep 22, 2003
  10. Proud USA Babe

    a.spencer3 Guest

    I still love that crazy Southern cop in the Bond films, even though I can
    barely understand a word he says!
    Is that a normal Southern accent, or grossly exaggerated?

    Surreyman

    a.spencer3, Sep 22, 2003
  11. Proud USA Babe

    friend Guest

    you are an example of a pathetic American moron than couldn't see
    further his/her little world. America (read USA) is not a navel of the
    world. More humility you silly bugger. You try to make virtue of your
    failings.
    You lack of imperial class, that's why you are so enamored with
    British royal family. You are cultural new rich (in English, so you
    can understand). FU

    fOn 21 Sep 2003 21:21:26 -0700,

    friend, Sep 22, 2003
  12. Proud USA Babe

    friend Guest

    you're wrong

    friend, Sep 22, 2003
  13. Proud USA Babe

    Mark Wallace Guest

    How can he possibly be wrong?
    Do you know all the people he meets? Have you vetted their accents?

    Think hard, then keep quiet.

    Mark Wallace, Sep 22, 2003
  14. Proud USA Babe

    Witheld Guest

    I would suspect grossly exaggerated from Hollywood, however
    I am not a big movie fan. Anyway I'll never forget the lady who called
    me one time from Tennessee asking for a replacement "bub" for her
    photographic enlarger.

    Witheld, Sep 22, 2003
  15. Proud USA Babe

    Lionel Guest

    Word has it that on Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:25:33 GMT, in this august forum,
    Congratulations! - You just fell for possibly the stupidist troll in all
    of Usenet, despite there being about five posts in this very thread
    pointing out that this idiot is a troll.

    Lionel, Sep 22, 2003
  16. Proud USA Babe

    friend Guest

    all the people I meet, and I am a second-language-speaker, speak with
    British accent. Just because in a remote part of USA people speak with
    an American accent, doesn't mean that it's the better way, or correct
    one. After all, except pronounciation (accent) there is not much
    difference.

    friend, Sep 22, 2003
  17. Proud USA Babe

    Lionel Guest

    Word has it that on Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:06:58 +0200, in this august
    Very true. It annoys the hell out of them when they try to get
    'opposing' newsgroups fighting, & everyone just chats pleasantly
    instead. As a bonus, you get to have pleasant chats with people you
    might not otherwise have met in your regular groups.
    Yes, I'd say so.

    Lionel, Sep 22, 2003
  18. Proud USA Babe

    Dan Pidcock Guest

    A couple of handbags so you ladies can get it out of your system.

    Dan Pidcock, Sep 22, 2003
  19. Then there was the US system of measurements, seem to be devised to
    rip-off people. example a US Pint of beer was smaller than an Imperial
    Pint, and it was American beer to boot ;)

    Darrell A. Larose, Sep 22, 2003
  20. Proud USA Babe

    Charlie Self Guest

    The original poster was a troll with the brain of a slug. You beat that.

    What's YOUR native language, by the way? If it's English, you have a real
    problem.

    Charlie Self

    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit
    soft."
    Theodore Roosevelt

    Charlie Self, Sep 22, 2003