    \??\D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AMDPCI.sys has been blocked from
    software vendor for a compatible version of the driver

    Kirbalo

    kirbalo, Dec 23, 2005

  2. kirbalo

    Rick Guest

    Where did you get the AMDPCI.sys from?

    Why is it on your system?

    The file is originally from AMD and the purpose was to fix a flaw that
    only affected Windows 2000.

    So how did you get it on your system?

    It won't load because it is a 32-bit driver and Win x64 cannot load
    32-bit driver, only 64-bit.

    Rick, Dec 23, 2005

  3. kirbalo

    kirbalo Guest

    I don't know where I got it...actually. Probably from AMD's site..

    kirbalo, Dec 23, 2005
  4. kirbalo

    kirbalo Guest

    I just did a search...and the file is NOT on my system???

    Does anyone have any idea what might be calling for that file to load?

    kirbalo

    kirbalo, Dec 23, 2005
  5. kirbalo

    John Barnes Guest

    Make sure you include hidden and system files in the search.

    John Barnes, Dec 23, 2005
  6. kirbalo

    kirbalo Guest

    I can't believe I forgot to check that box...thanks.

    I should have just checked the path of my original post, there it is. Such
    a dork.

    kirbalo, Dec 23, 2005
  7. kirbalo

    Guest Guest

    I was just about to say that, John.
    My system (based on NForce4 chipset) has AMDK8.sys
    (\windows\system32\drivers) and AMDACPI.sys (same folder), but no AMDPCI.sys.
    Did a search also on an ASUS K8N mobo and couldtn't find AMDPCI.sys.
    Google searches find references to that file but in very outdated forums.
    Carlos

    Guest, Dec 23, 2005
  8. kirbalo

    John Barnes Guest

    Guess I just browsed by sooner than you or Andre. Andre seems to be
    spending less time here this week. Maybe he is tied up playing with the new
    Vista release.

    John Barnes, Dec 23, 2005
  9. It's tying me up just getting a good install on my x64 box. First time
    success on an x86 box, but not the x64. It's been grim for me.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 23, 2005
  10. kirbalo

    John Barnes Guest

    Hope you can get your 64-bit box straightened out soon. I imagine that when
    the Vista beta versions get the public testers you will be spending most of
    your time in that site. At this point this system doesn't seem to be
    drawing too many new users. It was certainly more active during beta and
    early adopters.

    John Barnes, Dec 23, 2005
  11. Andre Da Costa, Dec 23, 2005
  12. kirbalo

    Guest Guest

    Let's hope Santa gives you a hand (BSOD: Beg Santa Opsys Division).
    Carlos :)

    Guest, Dec 24, 2005