AMD processor heat tolerances

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by CoffeenSmokes, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. What is the recommended heat in C for a 900 mhzt amd processor. It is
    at 46c is this to high? TIA

    CoffeenSmokes, Jan 9, 2004

  2. CoffeenSmokes

    Avenger© Guest

    No that temp is not too high.

    "Put the CAT out to reply"

    Avenger©, Jan 9, 2004

  3. CoffeenSmokes

    CJ Guest

    Hi,

    I'm at 55°C and don't have a problem so you are fine.

    CJ

    CJ, Jan 9, 2004
  4. What is the recommended heat in C for a 900 mhzt
    You are within the typical range.

    The maximum case temperature on the 900MHz PGA thunderbird is a
    scorching 90C. In reality, most would consider anything over
    60C as "too high."

    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 9, 2004
  5. CoffeenSmokes

    Bishoop Guest

    | > What is the recommended heat in C for a 900 mhzt
    | > amd processor. It is at 46c is this to high? TIA
    |
    | You are within the typical range.
    |
    | The maximum case temperature on the 900MHz PGA thunderbird is a
    | scorching 90C. In reality, most would consider anything over
    | 60C as "too high."

    I believe that should read 90*C max 'die' temp not 'case' temp.

    Bishoop, Jan 9, 2004
  6. CoffeenSmokes

    philo Guest

    Thats right...I've had them go up above 60c and the whole system really
    starts
    to slow down...but they can get a lot hotter without actually burning out!

    philo, Jan 10, 2004
  7. But was the cause of the slowdown the high temps, as I believe you are
    implying? I'd guess that whatever was that resource intensive caused both
    the heating and the performance hit.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 10, 2004