    Hi,
    I'm a bit confused, can i install an AMD Sempron skt A cpu into a
    motherboard that says it should have an AMD Athlon xp skt A ??

    Gerry, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Gerry

    frank ashton Guest

    Yes if the m/board supports 333fsb

    frank ashton, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Gerry

    JD Guest

    A socket A semptron is just a cut down XP chip with a 333MHz front side
    bus if you have a socket A motherboard that supports 333MHz it will work
    fine it will appear as a XP processor unless you update the bios (older
    boards) people have been giving mixed reviews over these chips as a
    2200+ semptron has a much lower clock speed than a 2200+ XP cpu however
    amd rate there chips on performance NOT core clock speed the semptron
    uses a different process in the making of the cpu the lower clock speed
    means less heat and is good for over clockers as they can be over
    clocked much higher.

    JD, Nov 16, 2004