  1. Grumps

    Ron Hunter Guest

    They don't have zee's, they have 'zeds'. Grin.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 17, 2005

  2. Grumps

    Thumper Guest

    Flowers always works
    Thumper
    To reply drop XYZ in address

    Thumper, Apr 17, 2005

  3. Grumps

    Hannah Guest

    God, do you ever need to get a life. Some of us have better things to do
    than root round the NGs looking for other things someone has said. Oh, and
    taking your grandson to the park. Try not to fall in the pond. On second
    thoughts...
    H.

    Hannah, Apr 17, 2005
  4. Grumps

    Nostrobino Guest

    True. And acks instead of ays, and emmas instead of ems. Maybe all that
    started because their telephones weren't very clear. ;-)

    N.

    Nostrobino, Apr 18, 2005
  5. Grumps

    chrlz Guest

    Hannah quoth:
    Mmm. Sweet.

    So *I* need a life, but it's ok for *you* to slang off in a bad mood.
    And, you don't want anyone to make you responsible for what you say, or
    to find examples that make a twit out of you - I can fully understand
    that.

    I note you completely avoided the point - what was wrong with 'the
    grandson'? Any comment on different terms having different meanings in
    different regions of the world? Or do you think the whole world
    revolves around you?

    Thanks for the ill-luck wishes. I *could* retaliate by saying that I
    hope in turn the insurance company renegs on your trashed white lens.
    But I wouldn't stoop to such childish behaviour*, as it would just make
    me look silly.

    (O;

    PS - Get a sense of humour*.

    * or behavior/humor.

    chrlz, Apr 18, 2005
  6. Grumps

    Owamanga Guest

    I'll be the child then, somebody has to.

    Hannah, if you are like this when you are *not* on the rag, please
    refrain from posting when you *are*. Oh, and buy hubby a keg of beer.
    He definitely deserves it. You won't have to explain - he'll
    understand.

    Love & kisses.

    <g>

    Owamanga, Apr 18, 2005
  7. Grumps

    Hannah Guest

    Hubby? Never. I would never demean myself by stooping so low.
    H.

    Hannah, Apr 18, 2005
  8. Grumps

    Hannah Guest

    Show me the bit where I said there was something wrong with "the grandson".
    You're too late, whether you decide to retaliate or not granddad, they paid
    up this morning. Direct transfer, straight into my bank account, every
    penny.
    H.

    Hannah, Apr 18, 2005
  9. Grumps

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Well, that should cheer you up a bit. You still haven't enlightened us
    on what we should substitute for 'the wife', or 'my wife'.. I really
    would like to know. Not that I give a hoot about being politically correct.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 19, 2005
  10. Grumps

    ASAAR Guest

    If you really care little about being PC . . . "the woof".

    ASAAR, Apr 19, 2005
  11. Grumps

    chrlz Guest

    Show me the bit where I said there was something
    EXACTLY. You didn't (just like you have avoided *every* difficult
    question). So that means that term is OK with you, then? But NOT `the
    wife`? Does everything have to be explained to you in such painstaking
    detail before you finally get it?

    By the way, I am PARTICULARLY offended by the tone in which you said
    'granddad'. Hereabouts, them's fightin' words.

    ((Can you detect the sarcasm, or did that whoosh over your head too?))

    So, I'm not going to retaliate, I shall simply sit here and continue to
    chuckle over that wonderful, and revealing statement of yours:
    'I AM in a bad mood tonight, but by God I get the respect I deserve at
    home.'

    You can carry on without me now, but my special thoughts go out to
    your.. er.. 'partner' (is that OK?). Methinks he needs all the help he
    can get...

    chrlz, Apr 19, 2005
  12. Grumps

    Ron Hunter Guest

    My wife goes ballistic if called 'old lady', but, as I point out, she IS
    an old lady.. sigh.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 19, 2005
  13. Grumps

    Owamanga Guest

    It's already covered, he's getting a keg of beer.

    Owamanga, Apr 19, 2005
  14. Grumps

    Cathy Guest

    Of course people who are old or getting old don't want to be
    reminded.Does she call you her "old man" ? When younger people say the
    "old lady" and "old man" it doesn't mean the person is old, but means
    they are the "better half". Now how about the term "better half" - I
    like that one :)

    Cathy

    Cathy, Apr 19, 2005
  15. Grumps

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I DON'T like that one (better half). I am not a half, but a whole
    person. My wife is, likewise, a whole person. We choose to share our
    lives (for 37 years now), but we are each individuals. And I AM an old
    man, and proud to have survived this long. The usual reference is 'that
    old fart'. Doesn't bother me in the least. In my mind, I am still 25,
    and I can't reconcile that with the old face I see in the mirror.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 19, 2005
  16. Grumps

    Hannah Guest

    You have a grandson. You said you were taking him to the pond or somewhere.
    Ipso facto, you are a granddad. I call my granddad granddad; he seems fine
    with it.
    I detected it. In full colour.
    Chuckle on. I'm pleased to make people chuckle. Even chortling or guffawing
    is fine with me.
    The word partner is fine. Personally I call her my 'significant other'. She
    uses the word 'partner' all the time though.
    I'm planning to let what's left of this thread continue without me too.

    PS: I hope you didn't actually fall in the lake.

    Hannah.

    Hannah, Apr 19, 2005
  17. Grumps

    Hannah Guest

    She wouldn't know what to do with it.

    H.

    The end.

    Hannah, Apr 19, 2005
  18. Grumps

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I believe you have explained the situation adequately. But you still
    didn't answer the question.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 20, 2005
  19. Grumps

    Cathy Guest

    Haha, old far is worse than some of the other references thrown around
    here. :)
    Good way to look at things.

    Cathy

    Cathy, Apr 20, 2005
  20. Grumps

    Owamanga Guest

    Er, okay. Good luck with that one then. Statistically, 100% of gay &
    lesbian marriages in the US fail, and you don't appear to be good
    example of a tolerant partner.

    Owamanga, Apr 20, 2005