    price? In an ideal world I'd like to have more manual control than this
    camera provides, and less chromatic abberation.
    TIA.

    Grumps, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Grumps

    SeaShel Guest

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/com...anon_sd300,pentax_optios5i,canon_s60&show=all

    This is a link to a side-by-side comparison for the two you picked, and the
    Canon S60. I have the S50 and it rocks. More potential for creativity. A
    big plus for me was the sliding lens cover which did not allow the camera to
    be accidentally turned on. Have fun looking!

    SeaShel, Apr 14, 2005

  3. Grumps

    Grumps Guest

    Thanks for the link. That site must be the one that I've visited the most in
    the last few days. I've been in the stores too, to see what these two feel
    like. To be honest, there's not a lot in it. The SD300 has a faster
    continuous mode, but how useful is that going to be to wifey, but the S5i is
    cheaper. I have the S45 myself (a few years old now). It's not quite as
    pocketable as the SD300 though.

    Grumps, Apr 14, 2005
  4. Grumps

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Casio offers come very small cameras with nice features. Sorry but I
    haven't kept up with models.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 15, 2005
  5. Grumps

    Hannah Guest

    Mostly

    The wife. How awfully old fashioned, patronising and disrespectful. It
    really winds me up when people like you treat your better halves as mere
    possessions. Like "I've been searching for a zoom lens for the camera". "I
    need a radio for the car".

    Hannah.
    And yes, I AM in a bad mood tonight, but by God I get the respect I deserve
    at home.

    Hannah, Apr 15, 2005
  6. Grumps

    Owamanga Guest

    U must be on the rag, why do you make it our problem?

    <g>

    Owamanga, Apr 15, 2005
  7. Grumps

    Hannah Guest

    Who the bloody hell are you supposed to be? And did I address my comments to
    you? I think not.
    You wouldn't understand being 'on the rag', as you so delicately put it, if
    you were given 1000 years to learn about it. But no, for your info, I'm not.

    Hannah, Apr 15, 2005
  8. Grumps

    Cathy Guest

    I don't see whats wrong with him saying "the wife"? Would it have
    sounded better if he said "my wife"? Lots of men say "the wife" in North
    America (US and Canada). Its common. How is it any different from women
    saying "I'm getting something for "the husband" or "my husband"?

    Cathy

    Cathy, Apr 15, 2005
  9. Grumps

    Frank ess Guest

    You post on Usenet you address everyone who has the misfortune of
    reading your spew.

    Seems clear to me you want someone to sympathize with some ill fortune
    you have suffered.

    Tell us all about it.

    Frank ess, Apr 15, 2005
  10. Grumps

    Grumps Guest

    You need a dictionary.
    Better halves? I don't think so.
    Live alone do you?

    Grumps, Apr 15, 2005
  11. Grumps

    John Bean Guest

    Why so?

    John Bean, Apr 15, 2005
  12. Grumps

    Cathy Guest

    "Patronising" is spelled that way in the UK and Australia and New
    Zealand and maybe some other countries.

    Cathy

    Cathy, Apr 15, 2005
  13. Grumps

    Eric Babula Guest

    Spelling of 'patronizing'.

    Eric Babula, Apr 15, 2005
  14. Grumps

    John Bean Guest

    You need a dictionary - unless you're in the US in which case your
    misspelling is excused.

    Think global, and remember that "English" does not mean "American".

    John Bean, Apr 15, 2005
  15. Grumps

    John Bean Guest

    Yes I know, Cathy. I suspect it's easier to say "It's spelled 'patronizing'
    in the US and maybe some other countries".

    John Bean, Apr 15, 2005
  16. Grumps

    Cathy Guest

    It looks like Hannah is from the UK, so patronising is the correct
    spelling for the UK and Australia/New Zealand and even once in a while
    in newspaper articles in Canada where I am located due to our early
    British historical influences.

    Cathy

    Cathy, Apr 15, 2005
  17. Grumps

    Cathy Guest

    Well, I didn't say it quite that way. Its just the different ways its
    spelled in different countries.
    I thought you were serious when you say "why so" so I wasn't sure what
    you meant.
    I'm in Canada, and we mostly spell words with the "z" like patronizing,
    agonizing, analyzing.
    At one time here, probably 25 years ago, they quite often spelled those
    words with an "s" but as time went by and with our close proximity to
    the US and because most books and magazines here originate in the US. we
    gradually put a "z" in those words. I am originally from Scotland, so
    grew up in school using "s" in those words. As long as we know what
    each other is talking about, thats the main thing :)

    Cathy

    Cathy, Apr 15, 2005
  18. Grumps

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Enlighten us, oh PC one. How should he have phrased it? I want a
    camera for the 'old bag'? Perhaps; The slut I live with wants a camera?
    Some people can find the strangest things to get upset over?

    Ron Hunter, Apr 15, 2005
  19. Grumps

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Unless, of course, you have more than one, in which case a name would be
    better. .....

    Ron Hunter, Apr 15, 2005
  20. Grumps

    Cathy Guest

    haha. I don't think you should say any of those things to your wife Ron
    or she might hit you :).

    Cathy

    Cathy, Apr 15, 2005