    computer? Does that hurt my computer? I had a laptop years ago that
    used to freeze all the time and it finally stopped working when I had
    to turn off my computer once too many times.

    joe54345, Mar 27, 2006

  2. The first question/answer would be to find out *why* it 'freezes up' for
    you.

    What version?
    How much RAM does the computer have installed?
    What apps are you running?
    When did you last scan for viruses/malware with up-to-date software?
    Do you have a firewall?
    Add several more questions here.

    Does it hurt it? Possibly. Depends on what you were doing, and what
    version you have.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 27, 2006

  3. joe54345

    Whiskers Guest

    Shutting down the computer shouldn't hurt the hardware, but it will
    probably damage the software and data. You should boot into 'Safe' mode
    and run the 'system' tools to try and repair the damage before you do
    anything else.

    You have got recent back-ups of everything you want to keep, haven't you?

    Knowing /why/ windows keeps on freezing, would be useful - you could then
    try to stop it from happening at all.

    Whiskers, Mar 27, 2006
  4. joe54345

    JP Guest

    How are you shutting down? Pulling plug is bad. Using power or reset buttons
    not so bad.
    In addition to previous suggestions, I would suggest checking event viewer,
    thinking about what changes you made when freezing started.

    -JP

    JP, Mar 27, 2006
  5. joe54345

    Plato Guest

    Have you done a full virus scan with 2 different progs. and also have
    you done full malware scan with 2 different anti-spyware apps?

    Plato, Mar 27, 2006
  6. joe54345

    jeff Guest

    if c+a+d doesn't work you might try waiting for 10 minutes or so,
    widnows might 'come back'. sometimes it gets so many instructions in
    its queue it just can't keep up.

    try adding more ram and have your computer tweaked up

    jeff, Mar 28, 2006
  7. joe54345

    Gordon Guest

    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!