Al's been interviewed!

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by bigal, Jan 27, 2006.

?

Should Big Al run for office now?

  1. Like Kerry, he's a legend in his own mind. That qualifies him!

    1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. This has gone too far. If he were in office, we shall be doomed.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can you imagine his office computer?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Can you imagine his office restroom? Cold cathodes behind the toilet....

    4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. I'm sorry. Did you ask me a question?

    1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The time has come...

    Go over to the home page at www.fastlanehw.com to see my mouse pad review (Corepad products):creep:

    bigal, Apr 26, 2006

  2. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Lol i want a mouse pad now, they look pretty cool, specially the Stakez :)

    unholy, Apr 26, 2006

  3. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I gave most of the pads away already. Several people around here needed a new mouse pad. I still have the SKATEZ PRO mouse feet, but the cost to mail them to you would be rather high.

    bigal, Apr 26, 2006
  4. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lol i dont need it, my Wood desk can take Ball Mouses -> Optical TrackBall Mouses

    unholy, Apr 26, 2006
  5. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    You got the mousepad feet thingies? Got any for a G7?

    Ya know, none of the stuff over there on that site is working right now. I thought it was just your link but the only part of the site that's working ATM is the forums.

    The Modfather, Apr 27, 2006
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I have mouse feet for the Logitech MX1000, the Razer Diamondback-Copperhead, and the Logitech models MX500, 510, 518, 700, and 900. So as in my case, I don't have mouse feet for your G7. I just checked the site and everything's working. We need more forum action over there however. I wish a few of my friends would join up.... :)

    bigal, Apr 27, 2006
  7. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Still doesn't work for me Al... I just get a gray area in the lower section of the site.

    I guess the G7 ones are popular huh? :)

    And I know what you mean about getting people to join and participate. I KNOW VERY WELL!

    The Modfather, Apr 27, 2006
  8. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hey, you want to do the home page news for them? Justin needs somebody to do that periodically.

    bigal, Apr 27, 2006
  9. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Modfather G7 is quite new :p u probably going to have to improvise :p

    unholy, Apr 28, 2006
  10. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    New? What's new about it? It's been out since like, what, December. That's antique technolgy in the PC Universe.

    Al, if I can get the darned site to load I might be interested. Is it a paying gig, or an aquisition of hardware gig or something like that?

    I'll try the site again, I can't imagine why I can't get it to load right. I get the page, the top part that is, but below where the articles and so forth should be I just get a gray area. If I click on anything other than the forums that's all I get from it, it's odd.

    The Modfather, Apr 28, 2006
  11. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    We are talking about www.fastlanehw.com, right? It's always loaded just fine for me, no matter what computer I'm using, no matter where I am at the time. I can't image why you are having problems. Are you usiing IE or Firefox?

    Regarding the pay issue, no it isn't. None of the positions pay anything. It might get you into being a reviewer, if you eventually want to do that. He has five reviewers now, and we're starting to produce, but the forums aren't doing well - not much activity. It would be nice for someone to do the home page news once a week, to keep the site going and hopefully draw more membership.

    bigal, Apr 29, 2006
  12. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Modfather just banned the site thats all :p

    It wouldn't hurt to be a reviewer at 2 places :p, after all i could post news for you's :)

    unholy, Apr 30, 2006
  13. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    We could all go over there and swarm the place like the locusts we are and post our meaningless threads on there too but... <Shrug> Isn't it bad enough we do that on three sites already? :)

    I did figure it out, it's Norton's firewall that's causing me to not be able to view the site, which is very weird. I even added the domain to my trusted sites and it still blocks everything but the top logo and top menu. I have to turn NIS off to view the site. <Shrug> Oh well, it wouldn't be the first site I had to do that for, there are two others that it blocks for no known reason.

    I wouldn't know what he'd want on the front page for news though, like just computer news? I'll visit the site after I'm done here.

    -Mike

    The Modfather, Apr 30, 2006
  14. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    We don't want to ramble on over there like we do here. However, some good hardware discussions over there would be a big help guys.

    Good to hear you figured out it was a firewall issue. I'm surprised it doesn't work when you added their site as a trusted site.

    News wise, I think we are talking about computer news. For a superb job, check out www.amdzone.com and you will see up to date news on stuff related to AMD.

    bigal, May 1, 2006
  15. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    I will go post over there :)

    unholy, May 1, 2006
  16. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I used to hit AMDZone every so often, that's a good site, but they stopped supporting it didn't they?
    -Mike

    The Modfather, May 1, 2006
  17. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Who stopped supporting it? You mean AMD? One of the main guys is Chris Tom, and he just hates Dell and Intel. He and I have lots in common there.

    bigal, May 1, 2006
  18. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well someone I was talking to from there, I'm not sure who but I think I talked to him on here at one point, told me that AMD stopped supporting something and I think it had to do with amdzone. <Shrug>

    Nothing to hate about Intel, Microsoft, sure, but Intel? Why? So they've slipped a bit in the past two years, doesn't make them a bad proc. I think their latest moves are dumb though. Changing their naming styles to try to be more cryptic seems stupid but they'll catch some idiots who don't know the difference with that I'm sure. And the whole "Leap Ahead" campaign is just plain goofy. They probably paid some jerk big money to redesign their logo and come up with this lame new slogan. Ugh!

    Now Dell, everyone's hating Dell these days, propriatary crap, outsourced tech support, etc etc... Blech!

    The Modfather, May 1, 2006
  19. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Intel is known for deceptive marketing practices, unfair business ethics, and a whole slew of illegal use of monopoly power. They put the muscle on small computer builders to only use their processors. It's well documented in numerous lawsuits. Wait a few years and see what happens when the jury awards start rolling in for AMD.

    bigal, May 1, 2006
  20. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Dell's alright for 2 things, Laptops (they are alright, better then premades) and Wholesale Desktop by the bulk (aka 1000 desktop machines for offices)

    unholy, May 1, 2006