  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    how do i make it so i can only allow the computers i want acces to the router

    Guest, Dec 29, 2005

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    Look at your router's configuration. You can deny access. Refer to the
    router's manual or Help files for details about your particular router.

    Malke

    Malke, Dec 29, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    (copied from "Please help, secure network"

    If this is just a home network and all you want to do is stop your neighbours
    from using your bandwidth, you can simply set up MAC address filtering on
    your wireless access point/router and just enter the address(es) for your
    computer(s).

    MAC address filtering is pretty crude (and easily spoofed) but will keep the
    neighbours out unless they really want to have a go!

    If you want to take it to the next level you need to configure wireless
    security. One option is WEP - not really considered secure (too easy to
    hack). WPA is much better (and WPA2 is out now, although not all APs/routers
    support it). I'd add to Lem's list of links with this one:
    http://blogs.technet.com/steve_lamb/archive/2005/12/02/415426.aspx. If you
    want a step by step reference of how I did it with my D-Link access point,
    check out
    http://www.markwilson.co.uk/blog/2005/12/upgrading-my-wireless-network.htm
    and http://www.markwilson.co.uk/blog/2005/12/securing-my-wireless-network.htm.

    </Mark>