    but beyond me I'm not sure what else I need to do.

    Thanks,
    Craig

    Craig, Jun 4, 2006

  2. Craig

    Malke Guest

    You don't need to set up a server. All you need is a wireless router if
    you don't already have one. Buy your wireless router and install it per
    the instructions that come with it. Setup is extremely easy. Since you
    don't know all the hardware that is on your friends' laptops, set
    encryption to 64 or 128-bit WEP which will work for everyone. Then just
    give your friends the key.

    After they've gone, increase your encryption to WPA if your own wireless
    hardware supports it.

    Malke

    Malke, Jun 4, 2006