    it possible to specify an entire network range (e.g.,
    192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0) to SNMP on a PIX 501 instead of a single host?

    Thanks!

    Marc Hoffman, Feb 22, 2005

  2. :I know that this falls somewhat into the "not recommended" category, but is
    :it possible to specify an entire network range (e.g.,
    :192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0) to SNMP on a PIX 501 instead of a single host?

    Sorry, no.

    The default on the snmp-server command is that traps will be sent to
    the listed hosts, and it doesn't make sense to send traps to an entire
    subnet.

    Still, it does seem to be something that could be added in as a
    future enhancement to the 'poll' option... e.g.,

    snmp-server 192.168.1.0 poll netmask 255.255.255.128

    Walter Roberson, Feb 22, 2005