    something that was filmed by hand inside a movie theater, it's
    definitely a few notches below what I've come to take for granted
    in a DVD movie.

    (PeteCresswell), Jul 8, 2006

  2. (PeteCresswell)

    xeaglecrest Guest

    (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    This is one of Warner's early releases. When you put the disc in, it
    just starts playing the movie. It has a menu, but you have to select it
    with the remote. Don't you wish every disc worked this way!

    xeaglecrest, Jul 8, 2006

  3. IIRC, Warner since revisited the title with a "real" 2-disk version, if
    you want more professional-looking disk mastering.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jul 8, 2006
  4. Per Derek Janssen:
    Would the video quality be any better - or is that some artifact of the original
    film?

    (PeteCresswell), Jul 8, 2006
  5. Just about ANY recent Warner 2-re-disking looks better--

    Think of Warner's early birth-of-DVD disks like Disney's "Limited
    Editions"...Back then, they thought all you had to do was put the
    videotape copy into a new shape.
    (Need we mention, the new version also has menu and extras.)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jul 8, 2006
  6. (PeteCresswell)

    xeaglecrest Guest

    The original version also has a menu, it just doesn't come up first.

    xeaglecrest, Jul 8, 2006