    at first. I want to stop this action. Anyone with any ideas other than
    Microsoft and Goggle, I have read for hours and so far nothing that
    applies. Thanks very much in advance

    Charlie Evans, Aug 19, 2005

  2. Charlie Evans

    Evan Platt Guest

    Your startup folder perhaps has a shortcut to the All Programs?

    Evan Platt, Aug 19, 2005

  3. Download Winpatrol - it is FREE and easy way to control start up programs (a
    bit like windows task mananger - but far easier to use)

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Aug 19, 2005
  4. Charlie Evans

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Cut and paste everything between the lines and paste it into notepad. Save
    the file as open.reg and save it to the desktop. make sure you change the
    save as type.... drop down box to all files. Once saved double click on the
    file to merge it into the registry. Reboot.

    Begin cut below this line

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
    "Userinit"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\userinit.exe,"

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "PersistBrowsers"=dword:00000000

    End cut above this line

    pcbutts1, Aug 19, 2005
  5. Thanks to all who answered. I am now running OK, I unchecked it in the
    Startup in misconfig. I know this is not the "right" thing to do, but will
    wipe the drive in a few weeks and completely reload everything as soon as
    the owner finds her CD-S for the Computer. She has a set somewhere, but
    does not know where and I am going to be gone for a couple of weeks. Anyway,
    thanks again to everyone who offered help.
    Charlie

    Charlie Evans, Aug 20, 2005
  6. Thanks for the link Toolman. I will save it and perhaps can get what she
    needs here.

    Charlie Evans, Aug 20, 2005
  7. Charlie Evans

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Aug 20, 2005
  8. Charlie Evans

    ellis_jay Guest

    Mouse going out, motherboard over heating, fan going out..........

    Ellis_jay

    ellis_jay, Aug 20, 2005