    idea of the cause? I'm using XP pro, and is there a way to get rid of the
    second shortcuts other than selecting each and every one of them (one at a
    time) and left clicking to delete?

    Baalrog, Aug 29, 2004

  2. Baalrog

    Adam Guest

    Ron

    Not too sure that I follow what you are saying. If you mean what I think ie
    that when you place the mouse cursor over the short cut when it is on the
    Task Bar you get a double pop up description then I have a similar problem
    but not on all task bars! Have just built this system with XP Pro (SP1) and
    am as mistified as you. I suspect it is an MS bug.

    Adam

    Adam, Aug 29, 2004

  3. Baalrog

    Baalrog Guest

    Cheers Adam , but what I meant was that when pressing the "start button" and
    selecting "all programs" I discovered that every prog had a second shortcut
    as defined by (2) after the prog name! anyway I have took the long option
    and manually deleted them all one by one! (phew) cheers for replying,
    (still don't know why it happened)

    --
    Regards Ron...........

    Baalrog, Aug 29, 2004
  4. Baalrog

    Adam Guest

    Wish I had a penny for every time i had to do things the hard way. Good
    luck

    Adam

    Adam, Aug 29, 2004