All programs and files cause error "(null) is not a valid Win32application "

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Greg Forschler, Apr 28, 2010.

  1. Every now and then my winXP machine at work will get into this state.
    It will be fine one day, I leave it on over night, and in the morning
    when I come in, everything I click on to try and open, files,
    programs, even task manager, result in one of the following errors-

    Insuffiecient System Resources exist to complete the requested
    service

    Application failed to initialize properly (0x000012d)

    (null) is not a valid Win32 application

    The only thing I can seem to do is reboot, and this fixes it. It
    happens less often lately and I can't find anything specific to
    narrow
    down when it happens.
    It's behind a very secure firewall, has regular anti-virus software
    updates and scans, windows is updated all the time, I've scanned the
    drive for errors.
    What would keep causing this and how can I stop it?

    Greg Forschler, Apr 28, 2010

  2. Greg Forschler

    chuckcar Guest

    Shut down the computer when you're not using it.

    chuckcar, Apr 28, 2010

  3. Greg Forschler

    Mike Hunt Guest

    Evan likes to play that game. But then again, when he gets the answers, he
    doesn't know what to do with them. Ignore Evan, he's a freaking moron.

    Mike Hunt, Apr 29, 2010
  4. Greg Forschler

    Mike Hunt Guest

    STFU, Evan.
    Nice sig, Evan.

    Mike Hunt, Apr 29, 2010
  5. Greg Forschler

    chuckcar Guest

    Sure it is. The simplest, removes the memory leak - by not allowing to
    happen and "intensify" over time. To eliminate it completely would
    require to likely turn off all background tasks and test from that.
    However, it's still a pointless waste of electricity to do other than I
    suggest anyways.

    chuckcar, Apr 29, 2010
  6. Greg Forschler

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Greg

    Is the XP machine a 32 bit or a 64 bit. Can you let us know

    --
    Peter

    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Peter Foldes, Apr 29, 2010
  7. Greg Forschler

    John Holmes Guest

    Peter Foldes "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    First, *you* let *us* know why you want to know that useless information,
    please?

    John Holmes, Apr 29, 2010